Sending Alert Emails from UBAQ BPM

Good morning all! Looks like today is am email day! There are several similar topics already posted.

I don’t use the email widget in Epicor at all right now. So I thought I would take a look at it and see how it works. I have a BPM that creates a new requisition, and req line, then dispatches it to purchasing so they can make a PO. At the end of the BPM I throw the user a message box with a “Good Job!” message. After the pop-up, I fire off the email widget. I just put my work email in the from, to, and reply to fields, along with some junk text in the name, subject and body fields.

Our Company Maintenance is setup with an admin level email as the global alert from, and SMTP user. I don’t see anything in the email link port field, but the SMTP fields are all filled out.

The widget seems to fire, as I get no error message, but I also do not get any email.

A few questions about this whole process.

1. Will emails send out from Pilot the same as Live when I am doing my testing?
  2. Will I get any kind of alert showing the email has sent, failed, or is in process (inside the system monitor?)
  3. Did I miss something setting up the email widget?

Thanks for your time!
Nate
EDIT : After additional testing it looks like my reqs are not being dispatched properly from my BPM. I’ll be looking into this as well.

Yes, they will send from pilot. I often forget that and while working on a BPM send something to the world. Someone posted in here once about checking the environment before executing… that would be a nice add.

You don’t get an alert. Just an email. I’ve thrown up message boxes to help debug.

It’s probably something silly. You’ll get it. Put some message boxes in there and see what’s executing. If you can’t show message boxes I have stripped out sections to find out what’s causing it not to work.

Hope that helps!

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

(Grumpy old man off to write an article this weekend while visiting him Mom…)

Our from address password had expired. After I reset the password, the emails sent out perfectly! Thanks!