Scrap Quantities not transferring to next operation

We are having an issue with a job not taking into account the scrap % through the entire job. The job is for 100 finished pieces and has multiple operations with a scrap % of 10 or 20%. For this job, we will scrap 110 pieces to meet the demand of 100 pieces. However, Epicor is not telling us that we need to input 210 pieces to account for the scrap accumulatively.

Any idea how I can account for the scrap % through the entire job?

Entering the scrap in job entry is not an option for us because we have multiple people and departments entering jobs in Epicor.

You will need to do the “math” for each operation and adjust the scrap % for each operation. Epicor does NOT (unless solved in latest version which I have not tested yet) have the logic to add multiple operation scrap % values together so that the first operation is overproducing enough to account for all the scrap factors.

So if you have the following scenario

Need 100
Operation 10 has a 10% scrap factor
Operation 20 has a 10% scrap factor
Operation 30 has a 10% scrap factor

You will need the scrap % to be the following in Epicor

Operation 10 would be 21%
Operation 20 would be 10 %
Operation 30 would be 0%

So Operation 10 would produce 121
Operation 20 would produce 110 (loses 10%)
Operation 30 would produce 100 (loses 10%)

Also Epicor does not account for these scrap factors as it relates to materials. You will need to add the appropriate scrap % on the material tabs as well so that purchasing is ordering enough to account for the scrap.

As long as this is consistent you can set this in the Method so that each job can be processed without further intervention. I would recommend proper monitoring of the scrap factors based on actual reporting and updating (if necessary) the scrap factors at the method level