Scrap Cost Report

Is there a good scrap cost report within Epicor? We are currently making a BAQ to be able to see scrap quantity, cost of that scrap, and the percentage of production that scrap is. We are doing it on a part and date range selection, not just by job through a BAQ. The only problem I’ve run into is when loading in unit cost for parts like this you can’t really look back in time and get a good calculation if part costs have changed. We have set standard costs and I’m not sure where to pull from to get historical costs in a BAQ. Currently I am using the PartCost table but that obviously can’t see the cost in the past, only what the cost currently is. Didn’t know if anyone else had developed anything like that or if they had any insight into how to get this data into a summary part date range format. Any help is much appreciated.

1 Like

Zach,

I wish I could help you here.

I believe that unless the user on the floor is reporting quantities as scrap, you are left not knowing what happened historically.

Maybe someone else can correct me if I am wrong?

Yes, scrap is being reported. The thing I’m trying to figure out is the cost at that point in time. Is there a screen or a table I can pull from that shows the cost of a labor transaction such as scrap at a particular point in time?

try the inventory wip reconciliation report for that job.

-Utah

Here are some screenshots of the IWR report.

You can run this for a specific GL account with specific transaction types for a specific job if required.

In your case I would put in the job in the filter tab and then adjust the transaction date filters to include the dates that match the life of the job.

Choose also whether you would like to see posted transactions or unposted or both- this all depends on whether you have posted capture cos wip or not.

Now when you print preview it, all GL transactions will show, including the scrap costs.

1 Like

At the end of the financial period, these entries are what get posted to the related accounts. These are a portion of the transactions that your financial statements are based off of.

1 Like