Sales Order Entry - Disable Native Prompt on Need By Date Change

Hey there Epicor experts! Does anyone know of a way to disable the prompt (see image below) that you get when you change the Need By Date on the Sales Order Entry form?

I’ve created 3 custom UD date fields and placed them on the Header and Lines tabs of the form. Like the standard prompt, these fields will prompt the user to refresh the line item dates, only it does it when the user presses save. The problem we’re having is that a user can change the 3 custom date fields we have and then change the Need By Date (before hitting Save) and then the standard prompt above triggers, bypassing the single prompt I have setup on the Update trigger. If we could disable this standard prompt, I could create a single prompt to handle ALL of the date fields when the user clicks Save.

I’ve tried searching for ways to do this, but have not found anything. Hopefully some of you may have needed to do something similar and can offer some enlightenment. Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Not sure if this is the right thing to do without investigation, but what about a base-processing directive on the method that generates the need-by date message? It should be something like OnChangeOfNeedByDate. You can check the server services file in a decompiler to see the actual logic that you would be bypassing.

1 Like

I also wanted to disable this prompt and I did so in a BPM on SO.MasterUpdate.

What I did was use two Set Argument/Variable modules (the ABC ones) and set “IcheckForResponse” to False and set “ICheckForOrderChangedMsg” to False. I tried each one individually and the message still showed up but if I set both to false in the Pre-Processing then it doesn’t show.

The trick is then you have to account for all instances of the change but it sounds like you want to.

I found this by Tracing and saw that with this prompt there were 2 Update datasets called. The Save button triggers an Update call obviously and under the ‘parameters’ tag these were True, then in the second Update call the values were False. I figured the second transaction was the result of the prompt and those parameters were the only difference I could find. Don’t know if there’s any downside to doing this.