Run Server Trace on DMT Session?

Hey there,

I’d like to run a trace while a DMT session does its magic. I’ve tried setting a trace from a regular Epicor session with my same user ID, checking Include Server Trace and Persist Tracing Options, but don’t see any activity from the DMT.

Is there a secret setting?

Thanks,

Joe

I think it depends on what exactly you’re trying to see, but if you enable the server trace logging via the AppServer.config and uncommend the flag for trace://ice/fw/disposable you can see your BO/Methods being hit by the DMT. I also in subsequent tests uncomments the Tablesets flag and set verbose to false, which gives a little different results depending on what you’re looking for.
In this test, I ran a quick a simple SalesRegion DMT update.

Trace gives me some insight into what stored procedures are being executed and what BO/Methods are being called to update.

1 Like

Ah, thanks Aaron. I don’t have currently have access to the appserver. I’ll give it a try the first chance I get.

Joe

Not sure if you already tried this, but there is an option in the settings of DMT. Down in the right hand corner there is the little blue gears icon. If you click on that there is an option for Tracing. I’ve never used it before so I’m not sure how it will work.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks Jeromy! Just what I needed.

Hi Aaron,
I’m interested in doing the server trace. Were is the trace file found after this change?

I think you’ll find it on the root directory where your app is deployed. In my case, I have it on an E letter drive, and when I turned it on, it created the log there.

The easiest thing is to probably turn it on and then search for the {EnvronmentName}Log.log file if you’re unsure

Nice, when you say “turned it on” you mean after saving the config file after uncommenting? Or was there another step?

Yes, it’s active as soon as you save the config file with the flags set. To turn if off, you comment out the flags and save the file again

I followed your settings and am pointing it to the E drive where its installed. I loaded some DMT files creating parts and part MOMs but I get no file. I’ll have to do some more testing.

set “disabled” to “false”. @Mark_Wonsil and I just love that design

That did it! Thanks

1 Like