Reversed Invoices still showing on AR Aging Report why?

We had a bunch of AR invoices entered incorrectly which we reversed using auto-transaction reversal thus clearing from GL however all the invoices are still showing on the AR Aging Report??? How can an AR invoice be completely cleared from the system. We also need to edit the receipt to properly re-invoice these. Thanks all.

You didn’t enter a cancellation invoice? Does your AR ageing not tie out to your G/L?

Yeah, probably does not balance. I don’t think you are suppose to use that auto transaction reversal for something like this. Maybe someone who uses it more can correct me, but it doesn’t look to actually back out the transaction, just books an entry to reverse a transaction on the G/L.

If I were you, I would confirm that which it sounds like you already did. Then book a journal entry to reverse your reversal, i.e., get back to your starting spot after the incorrect AR invoices were posted.

Then, to fix, create cancellation invoices for all the invoices you created. I forget without testing but the cancellation invoices will either apply themselves to the incorrect invoices on your ageing, or they will be on your ageing themselves and then you need to go into the apply credit memo program and apply them to clear them from the ageing. Once this is done then you should be in the state you were before the incorrect invoices. From there you should be able to reprocess them correctly.

I will need to ask the person who did it what exactly he did. I appreciate the advice and hopefully we can get this sorted out. I will let you know…we have a meeting today on the “issues” with this. Thank you!

I would be careful with cancellation invoices. I did it once and it put the shipment back. We had many items we couldn’t get rid of after we moved our old AR items across to EPICOR. EPICOR gave us a fix program that allows you to delete
items off the aging without affecting anything else. So if GL is good, this might be an option for you.

Thanks - in this case we do what the shipment returned as we need to re-invoice correctly. However comes another issue we still cannot edit the sales order/shipment receipt which was part of the original issue as well. Still in the works on this end…doing a bunch of testing, about to reverse an auto-trans reversal and see what happens…hey it’s a learning experience:-)

Sally - what was the fix Epicor gave you for removing from aging? thank you