Returned Shipments

We have received a shipment back that has be Return to Sender due to “Emergency Conditions”. The customer has closed for a couple of weeks due to the Coronavirus.

My question is, how does Epicor handle this. The customer will be back open in 1-2 weeks and we’ll need to ship it back to them.
Currently, if you look in the customer’s account, it shows the order has shipped and we have generated an invoice.

I’m looking to see how anyone else is handling this when it comes time to ship this back to the customer.
–A Miscellaneous Shipment is not connected to anything…
–Do we have to to an RGA and re enter the order… so we have something to ship off of?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I would think an RMA with a credit memo to offset the invoice and return the material to stock, new sales order, repick the inventor to that order, and queue the shipment would be the best way to handle…

The “correct” way is to do the following. This will give a full trace of what really happened… I personally always say “you cannot delete history”. It happened, and document what happened. Yes, it is work, but if someone comes along later and says “What Happened”, you can see it in the historical track.

1. Create RMA
  2. Receive parts against RMA
  3. Issue Credit (match credit against invoice)
  4. Create new Order - note that this is easier with the Copy
  5. Ship, invoice new order when ready.