Resource Scheduling by number of units per resource

I’ve been trying to get this to work and I can’t figure out how to get it to schedule properly for our testing operations.

Here’s a simplified version of my testing arrangement:
I have three test racks to test units.
Two racks supply AC power and one rack supplies DC power.
One AC rack can test 20 units, the second rack 15 unit, the DC rack also 15 units.

I want to have the scheduling engine know that I can test up to 35 AC units simultaneously. I also want it to keep the units together - if I’m testing 10 units, use either rack (but don’t split between them). If I’m testing 18, use only the first rack. If over 20, split between racks.

Is there a way to configure the Resource Groups, Resources, capabilities, and job operations to accomplish this? We do have APS.

Welcome @briangrimm !!

The functionality that you want to use is Concurrent Capacity on the Resource. You would want to set up the racks as having 20, 15, and 15 for the Concurrent Capacity.

I tried that but it didn’t seem to work. Perhaps I am configuring it incorrectly. It seemed to stack them one after the other. If I have an operation of 10 units, each unit has 24 hours of burn-in time in this operation, should I just set the operation to 24 hours/piece, and then set the Resource to concurrent 15 (or anything 10 or higher), and it should schedule all of them to run at the same time in that resource?

I believe you would want to use Fixed Hours.