Report problem Blank Title 51468

I think I have something that works. Attached is a report buiolder library. If RB is not tool of choice the same principle should apply to Crystal.

There are two report...one for not her enow and one for not here on a date. The date is bolted in to the report for demo purpose but (in RB at least) could be parsed from a dummy filter entry if RB does not choke on using an aggregate derivitive in another aggregate calculation. But when bolted in it does seem to work.

-Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Jasper Recto
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:52 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Report problem

I see what your trying to do but If I am filtering for one payroll date and the employee was not here than he doesn't have a laborhedseq to evaluate.

From: Todd Caughey [mailto: caugheyt@harveyvoge <mailto:caugheyt%40harveyvogel.com> l.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:21 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com

What I have done is to conditionally print employee footers based on their last LaborHead.Sequence being equal to their MaxLaborHead.Sequence and their clockout time > zero...
as in:
IIF(LaborHedSeq = EmpMaxLaborSeq and ClockOutTime > 0 ,Yes,No)
when yes I print them as not being here otherwise they are not printed.
Sorting and grouping are by
JC Dept (only to group by dept)
EmpID
LaborHead.Sequence

When the EmpID footer is arrived at the LaborHead.Sequence will be the last one in the system for the employee and if it is also the Maximum and the clockout time is not zero (they are ar enot now clocked in) then t hey get printed.

Seems to work. Oh, I also filter for active employees only. You could easily enough filter for a selected day I think.

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com [mailto: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com]On Behalf Of Jasper Recto
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:43 AM
To: Vantage Groups (E-mail)
Subject: [Vantage] Report problem

I am trying to create a report that uses the EmpBasic table and links with he LaborHed table. I set up the join using a left outer join linking the company fields of each table and the Employee Number of each table. I also filter by payroll date.

The problem I am having is that when I run the report, I should be getting the list of all names in the empbasic table and their corresponding labor head entry on the particular payroll date. All I get are the records where each employee had a labor head entry.

What I want is which employees DON'T have a laborhed entry for a particular payroll date so I know who was NOT there that day.

What am I doing wrong? Does anybody know how I can make a report that shows all employees that was NOT here on a certain day?

Thanks,
Jasper

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I am trying to create a report that uses the EmpBasic table and links with he LaborHed table. I set up the join using a left outer join linking the company fields of each table and the Employee Number of each table. I also filter by payroll date.

The problem I am having is that when I run the report, I should be getting the list of all names in the empbasic table and their corresponding labor head entry on the particular payroll date. All I get are the records where each employee had a labor head entry.

What I want is which employees DON'T have a laborhed entry for a particular payroll date so I know who was NOT there that day.

What am I doing wrong? Does anybody know how I can make a report that shows all employees that was NOT here on a certain day?

Thanks,
Jasper

What I have done is to conditionally print employee footers based on their last LaborHead.Sequence being equal to their MaxLaborHead.Sequence and their clockout time > zero...
as in:
EmpID
LaborHead.Sequence

When the EmpID footer is arrived at the LaborHead.Sequence will be the last one in the system for the employee and if it is also the Maximum and the clockout time is not zero (they are ar enot now clocked in) then t hey get printed.

Seems to work. Oh, I also filter for active employees only. You could easily enough filter for a selected day I think.

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Jasper Recto

Thanks,
Jasper

I see what your trying to do but If I am filtering for one payroll date and the employee was not here than he doesn't have a laborhedseq to evaluate.

Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:21 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com

as in:
EmpID
LaborHead.Sequence

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com [mailto: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com]On Behalf Of Jasper Recto

Thanks,
Jasper

Note sue what reporting tool you are using - I would do this in access
using a sub-query as follows:

(1) Make a query that filters for who is here on the day in question
example:
SELECT PUB_LaborHed.Company, PUB_LaborHed.EmployeeNum
FROM PUB_LaborHed
WHERE (((PUB_LaborHed.Company)="cli") AND
((PUB_LaborHed.PayrollDate)=Date()-1))
ORDER BY PUB_LaborHed.Company;

(2) Make another query that left joins employee master file to the query
you just created (query_1). Filter for EmployeeNum field from the 1st
query being null.
example:
SELECT PUB_EmpBasic.Company, PUB_EmpBasic.EmpID
FROM PUB_EmpBasic LEFT JOIN Query_1 ON (PUB_EmpBasic.EmpID =
Query_1.EmployeeNum) AND (PUB_EmpBasic.Company = Query_1.Company)
WHERE (((PUB_EmpBasic.Company)="cli") AND ((Query_1.EmployeeNum) Is
Null) AND ((PUB_EmpBasic.EmpStatus)="a"))
ORDER BY PUB_EmpBasic.Company, PUB_EmpBasic.EmpID;

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Jasper Recto
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:43 AM

I am trying to create a report that uses the EmpBasic table and links
with he LaborHed table. I set up the join using a left outer join
linking the company fields of each table and the Employee Number of each
table. I also filter by payroll date.

The problem I am having is that when I run the report, I should be
getting the list of all names in the empbasic table and their
corresponding labor head entry on the particular payroll date. All I
get are the records where each employee had a labor head entry.

What I want is which employees DON'T have a laborhed entry for a
particular payroll date so I know who was NOT there that day.

What am I doing wrong? Does anybody know how I can make a report that
shows all employees that was NOT here on a certain day?

Thanks,
Jasper

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must
have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder
and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/links
Yahoo! Groups Links