Report Data Definition

I’m trying to add the part table to a report data definition. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Trying to add Part table to RcvDtl.

I try to make a relationship and no fields from the Part Table are pulled in.

Also the only thing in the “Key” field is which I don’t understand.

Also what’s the difference betwen Definition Only and Output in relation type? This entire screen is a big head scratcher.

You have to go to the exclusions tab for the part table and uncheck the boxes for the fields to include. Its actually worse than that, if you just added the table, you have to first refresh to get the exclusions tab to populate.

An easier way to get what you want is to probably use the linked tables. What fields do you need?

2 Likes

I need just a single UDF from Part. Part.PPAP_c

Click on the RcvDtl in the tree and go to Data Sources\Report Table\Linked Tables\Pick Links. Select PartNum and move it to the Picked box.

Now go to Description Fields tab and look for your field under Available and move to Picked. Nothing is showing in my screenshot because I am in the system RDD.

Now you can include your field on the SSRS report by adding it to the RcvDtl table in the report. To reference linked fields, you use the Link name “_” then the field name. So yours would be something like T2.PartNum_PPAP_c

3 Likes

Linked Tables are a great feature. I spent so much time fighting table relationships until I found it…

1 Like

I tried what aosemwengie1 suggest and it showed in the relationship fields so I think I have the relationship set.

I also unchecked Exclude from the UDF field I needed in the Part table so I’m thinking that might be all I need to do? Now, I just have to wait for the receivers to receive something so I can see what fields are available in the data file that Epicor drops. If the fields are there then I can continue developing the label.

If that doesn’t work I can try the Linked Table method. I think the key might have been the Exclusions list. I naively thought that all the fields would just be available to select when you chose a table.

Yes, that definitely works. Linked Tables are just a shortcut method so you don’t have to add a new table definition, relationship, etc. Epicor provides some of that wired-up for you.