Recommendations from Forecast

So we have started loading forecast to generate raw material demand and we load it beyond scheduling’s ‘closed’ window. To maintain forecast, we ‘zero’ the week nearest that closed window at the end of the week so any recommendations for scheduling and purchasing ‘fall off’, so to speak. I used to add/update function under upload forecast and set qty to zero on the items for the week I wanted to remove. After regenerative MRP run, those recommendations were not removed. It’s really frustrating to my purchasing and scheduling departments! Help? Recommendations?

That’s odd, but we do a similar thing with forecasting here. Our released jobs are scheduled to hit shop targets, plans are generated from forecast. We do remove from forecast any shipped material, and roll the schedule forward so the forecast doesn’t age out.

I have not seen any circumstances where old suggestions remain. They are generally cleared out, and the newly generated suggestions in Time-Phase do match what we see in Buyer’s Workbench.

In other words, I think something is broken in your system. What you are seeing is not something we are seeing here. We are on 10.2.200.

I wondered if it may have something to do with ‘zeroing’ those records instead of technically deleting them… but we have some parts we are managing with MPS where obsolete records are deleted, and we have the same issue there… recommendations don’t go away after the MPS record has been deleted… this is feeling like a setting thing…

From what I can tell, if the demand is not visible in Time Phase, it won’t get planned. So, if you’re not seeing it there (be it forecast or MPS), it shouldn’t get planned.

Also, there is some interrelationship when a part has both MPS AND Forecast, so be wary of that.

Found it!