Recipt Entry

Dear experts, We have created one purchase order with required quantity 40. While taking GRN user had wrongly entered 40 quantity and select the “Received and Complete” check boxes refer to attached screen and save the receipt. After that he changed the quantity 40 to 20 (Correct Quantity). Now the problem is that we have issued the material and while creating invoice for 20 quantity it is showing 40 quantity.

Please suggest how to resolve this issue.

You should be able to uncheck the “Complete” box on the line in question.

If it hasn’t had an AP Invoice against it, you should be able to delete the line, then recreate it with correct values.

Do a PartTran History on the part to see what really happened. The way you descripe it, you should see:

SysDate   TranDate  TranType  TranQty
========  ========  ========  =======
08/28/19  08/28/19  PUR-STK       40
08/30/19  08/28/19  PUR-STK      -20

(assuming the correction of 40 to 20 was on 8/30

Had you deleted the line and recreated it (with a save in between), you’d have seen

SysDate   TranDate  TranType  TranQty
========  ========  ========  =======
08/28/19  08/28/19  PUR-STK       40
08/30/19  08/28/19  PUR-STK      -40
08/30/19  08/28/19  PUR-STK       20

Dear ckrusen, PartTran table is showing below data

PartNum SysDate TranNum TranType TranQty
SLUBMTIP00014 2019-08-27 195742 PUR-STK 20.00000000
SLUBMTIP00014 2019-08-27 195748 PUR-STK -20.00000000
SLUBMTIP00014 2019-08-27 195752 PUR-STK 20.00000000

When we are trying to uncheck the Received All checkbox system is throwing below error

I suspect some other events have taken place since the original entry error
so… I’m guessing you’ll need to find and back out those other trans first.
(Or sometimes I’ve ended up using manual adjustments).

In cases where the steps to reverse trans are not straightforward, I usually copy Live over to Test and verify my fixes. Since I’ve often seen users end up making things worse before they’ve hit on a set of steps that will make things right/better.

1 Like

How come I don’t see the original PUR-STK for 40?

In the part Tran history, scroll over and see if all those PUR-STK trans have the same packslip number. Maybe it was “fixed” with a different pack slip. We have to do this when the original pack slip has been entered into AP.

And is it possible it’s a supplier Qty vs our Qty issue? I ask because the suppliers price was 1,103 but your cost is 231. Or is that a currency conversion?

The majority of my work is fixing a users attempted fix. Especially when users think the System “messed up”, not realizing that itis some future transaction actually completes things.

The most common was (and occasionally still is), when costs are added to a job that has already shipped. The added costs appear to be “hung up” in WIP. So a JE is created to credit WIP. Then when the Job is closed, WIP gets credited again. So another JE is required to “unfix” the original JE.

A poorly entered PO and or Receipt combo - usually UOM issue, but some times cost. Our AP won’t process an I voice if the Invoice costs don’t match the PO.

Yeah, I prefer to find and fix errors as soon as possible with reversing trans.
What I really hate is when time has passed and the errors are spotted in the GL.
(I think) backtracking from there is the worst.

And there are some that can’t be backed out and then redone properly. Like an invoiced packer can’t be “unshipped” to correct the cost of the item.