Receipt Entry > Mass Receipt

Typically, when a user performs a New > New Receipt > Enters PO > Enters Packing Slip and hits the TAB button they would simply be placed in the next available field. Although, our users are experiencing a scenario where when they TAB off of the Packing Slip field it’s taking them directly to Line > Detail and not letting them do the Actions > Mass Receipt feature. Since it’s taking them to the Line > Detail screen, they get an error about PO Line value needs to be applied which is where the prevention of using the Mass Receipt option lies.

There aren’t any customizations on this screen BUT our company is sharing a LIVE server with other companies under one umbrella. All I see is quite a few personalizations applied to this screen. Having these in place “SHOULDN’T” have that kind of affect but that’s all I can think of in terms of why it’s defaulting to the Line > Detail screen instead of just going to the next field with a TAB command.

Any ideas???

Can you confirm in Menu Maintenance that there aren’t any customizations assigned to that menu item (just to be sure)? Also, if you open the form in developer mode and select Base Only, do you get the same functionality?

I would also try deleting that user’s personalization to make sure that isn’t causing it. This can be done in Customization Maintenance.

Is this a problem for all users, some users, or just one? A personalization could conceivably cause this behavior by changing the tab index values, but out of curiosity I tried to reproduce it and couldn’t. For single users also check their Tools>Options settings to make sure there are no odd hotkey settings, and then clear the client cache.

1 Like