Read-Only Dropdown List

Good afternoon,

I have set up a Dropdown List with a combobox, and have the options I want. I am trying to limit the users that can click the box. I have a security group created for this reason, but when I testing field security on this UD field (the dropdown list), users with Read access (from field security) are able to pick any option from the list, but when they save it reverts to the saved value. This is expected. I want them to be unable to click into the box at all, if possible. I understand I can disable/enable boxes through BPMs but is that the only way?

Thanks

You could on form load get the users assigned security groups, then based on that set a TransView column, then create a data rule based on said TransView column to disable the combo

1 Like

That sounds like it would perform the functionality that I want, but if it is very complicated to explain, I will pass. I don’t want to take up your valuable time. I am pretty new at Epicor/Kinetic and have been working on issues and trying to resolve them on my own with the information provided from the training sessions (BAQ, BPM, SSRS, App studio) and obviously there is a big gap from what they teach and what you can do.

That being said, field security should have worked and made the field read only. I would put in a ticket with Epicor to see what the expected behavior is, because it sounds like its not working correctly

I have found the user with Read Only can look at the dropdown and select an option, but when they click save, it reverts to what it was then they loaded the record. I’m assuming this is “the correct way” but I will put an EpicCare ticket in and see. Thanks for your help. Wish I could put default as disabled, not read.

I would expect the field to be read only, not even selectable