Quote.Update BPM

On the Quote Entry screen, I want to look for certain part numbers and display a message for those part numbers.

I am trying to do this with a pre-processing BPM on Quote.update, but at the point of the update it is not seeing data in the QuoteDtl table.

To test this out I put a show message box in the BPM that will show me the partnumber from quotedtl. I get the message but no part number.

How can I hook into the QuoteDtl table to get the partnumber?

Hi Tammy,

What business problem are you trying to solve?

If you want to show message when users add something, you might need to do In-Trans- Data Directive for QuoteDtl.

I am trying to show an informational message if there are certain parts on the quote.

My understanding at least… a pre-processing will happen before your Quote Entry adds any NEW records to the QuoteDtl table.

So, yes, I think you’re correct that its a timing issue and you’re trying to look at/compare new records before they’re written.

You could use your pre-processing method containing a condition on the desired new QuoteDtl rows and if true, enables a Post-Processing directive. Then create a post-processing directive which returns your message and see what comes back.

So, your pre-processing would perform a condition check… Epicor would perform its magic and create the new quote lines… once created, the post-processing would kick in and pop up the desired message.

What does the trace look like?

drawing hands GIF by South Park

3 Likes

The Update method is equivalent to Save.
So this BPM will run whenever the QuoteEntry is saved - is that the right timing?
There may be a method that runs more timely - like ChangePartNum (Updates Quote Detail information when the Part Number is changed.)

That worked. Thank you!

3 Likes