Quote Entry to Order Entry

Converting Quote to Sales Order, Character01 & Character07 fields are not being copied to the Sales Order. The columns are on QuoteDtl_UD and should be copied to the OrderDtl_UD table for the new order. How do I see and edit the codes under Actions->Quote->Create Sales Order… screen in order to add those 2 columns? Or what is the correct way to copy them?

You need to make 2 BPM’s (one in the Quote BO, and one in the SalesOrder BO). Then read the value in the Quote, and update the OrderDtl table.

I believe you can also make a single DD BPM.

How would the DD know if the OrderDtl was created by the “Create Sales Order” function, as opposed to someone manually entering a Quote Num and line?

Or maybe that would be better as it would update the OrderDtl record’s UD fields to match the values from a matching QuoteDtl (should one be found)

And FWIW - I always point out as many possible potential issues to the requester. For example,

• What should be done if the OrderDtl UD fields already have values in them? Leave them be, update with whatever the matching Quote info has, or prompt the user?

Thanks. Will look into this.

How can you see the codes under the screen that pops up when you click Create Sales Order on the menu item?