Quick Search in different program

I created a Quick Search in part maintenance. I would like to use this same quick search in other programs/modules. Is there an easy way of deploying this out to other programs?

I tried copying the Quick Search, but doesn’t seem like I can modify the Called from so that it show up in other programs. Hate to have to recreate this for each program since we have multiple programs we want to use this where ever there’s a part search button.

Try checking the “All Occurrences” box in Quick Search Maintenance.

From the field help: “Use this check box to define where this quick search will be used. When selected, this check box indicates that this quick search will be available for all searches that share its Context Key (Like) property. When clear however, this check box indicates that this quick search is only available from the primary program that launches, or calls, this quick search.
Example: You create a quick search that has Part.PartNum as its Context Key (Like) value. If you do not select the All Occurrences check box, this quick search is only available from within Part Maintenance. If you select this check box, however, this quick search is available when users search for parts within Sales Order Entry, Opportunity/Quote Entry, Job Entry and anywhere else users search for a part number value.”

1 Like

Thank so you so much!!! That was it.