Printing of labels

Hi All,

E9.05.702A

We are planning to implement the use of labels printed out of Epicor for our component inventory. These would be internal use only.
As I review the transaction points that support the printing of labels, I believe there is only two places. One at PO receipt entry and the other at Inspection Processing.
If I have it correct, I was surprised to see that there is no option to print a label at Job Receipt to Inventory.
The other requirement we have is an ability to print a label for on hand product in case the label was damaged, for example.

My team can certainly build this functionality but I wanted to see how others handle labeling for component level inventory and the two scenarios above that don’t appear to exist in base Epicor.

JOE ROJAS
Epicor Applications Manager
VENTION MEDICAL + DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Advancing Your Innovations For Health

261 Cedar Hill Street | Marlborough, MA 01752
DIRECT: 508.597.1392 x1625 | MOBILE: 774.826.9245
EMAIL: JoRojas@ventionmedical.commailto:JoRojas@ventionmedical.com | WEB: ventionmedical.com http://www.ventionmedical.com/

THINK QUALITY. BE QUALITY. GO BEYOND.

This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure, and is intended only for the use of the individual and/or entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any other dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail, and delete this information from your computer.

I believe that for the reprinting situation, Epicor uses Bartender to print labels so that you can reprint from Bartender if you need to reprint a label.

There is a print tags function on the MES report quantity and end activity
screens.

Brad

1 Like

Thanks Brad (someone else mentioned MES as well).

Unfortunately, we do not use MES.

JOE ROJAS
Epicor Applications Manager
VENTION MEDICAL + DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
DIRECT: 508.597.1392 x1625 | MOBILE: 774.826.9245

I do something similar with product labels that are being generated on Report Quantity.

First, I had issues with the standard tag printing, next I had issues with E10 interface with Bartender.

Ultimately, I ended up writing my own code to generate Bartender trigger files. I have written the code both for use in a BPM and customization.

For reprints, since the code is already in place to print a label based on values from the DB - all I do is give my user the ability to pick a previous transaction, and reprint.

I use a BAQ and show the last 30 transactions against a job (for MFG-STK only in my case) - this shows in a grid which the user can click to reprint (they also have options for which printer and number of copies - both which are part of the bartender file)

(The printer defaults based on workstation, but the user can change it if desired)

1 Like