Print on the fly bartender labels

Hello,

I have created a bartender label which works perfectly fine through inspection processing and job entry however is there anyway to build something in epicor which allows the user to trigger a label whenever they want ?

Yeah, you can build a bartender integration solution that accepts a file or web call to print a specific label to a specified printer with the specified data (i.e. copies, partnumber, etc.).

Bartender also has print station which is a standalone application that you can print labels from. Depending on your situation it might be easiest to just use the print station program instead of trying to integrate so that everything is possible within Epicor.

I know @hkeric.wci was playing around with creating a report style that output .xml to a location. In this way, you can print the report from a classic Epicor report prompt or through calling the respsective business object method that prints a report. You still need a bartender integration built out to do something with the xml file that is printed from Epicor.

Bartender Integration Builder is in the bartender suite. I think you need a specific license to utilize it though… not sure.

If you need someone at bartender, Manny Castro (mcastro@seagullscientific.com) is a great resource.

Reasonable to get started to do a couple consulting sessions with him. He helped me get started on an integration and then I re-built it to fit our needs.

issue i have is for one of my intergrations through job entry the file it produces includes two types of EAN data which means it prints my labels twice how can i say only bring in EAN13 data ?

You have the report style only include EAN13 data.

Have you looked at what report or report style it is printing?

Is this being done through a data directive?

I don’t think you can do much about the data. You will have to deal with label quantity etc in the label design in Bartender by putting some rules based on the data in the file.

thats what i was aiming to do struggling to find where to put the rule though

Vinay, I am new to bartender as well, but doesn’t the data still come from a report data definition?

Ah, but I see now how we would be limited in that sense. RDDs are not the most friendly when it comes to grouping, etc.

i think i fixed it so essentially my base template has the barcode with ean data and what bartender was doing is printing the same label again without a barcode i changed the error outcomes on the barcode label so if the label is empty abort job however will try printing multiple and see if it breaks it