Prevent Over Receipts for a PO Release

I have a question and I do not know if this is actual possible without a BPM, but I wanted to find out before I go about creating a BPM. Is there is anyway inside of Epicor that you can prevent an over receipt for items on a release? For example. If you have 35 items on a release, and a second release has 40. Can you prevent someone from receiving all 75 items on release 1.

Thank you for you help,

Austin Kuhlman

Not without a BPM no.

I agree that a BPM is the logical approach, however, I believe you could place logic on the Receipt screen to stop this as well. Maybe it could be just as easy as BeforeAdapter on the Update method, check for the over condition and throw exception\cancel as needed. Note this would ONLY affect this screen.

1 Like

During Receipt Entry, I see the following if I enter more than the PO’s release qty (the release qty was 25, but I entered 50)

While that’s only a warning, it should tell the user to double check.

And that warning appears when creating lines manually (New-> Receipt Line) or when using Mass Receipt

And the built-in functionality can do the bulk of the work. Use the following BO and method

<businessObject>Erp.Proxy.BO.ReceiptImpl</businessObject>
  <methodName>GetDtlQtyInfo</methodName>

Raise exception when InputOurQty > OurQty

Edit

The above will show a message that the Qty entered has not been saved, and the OurQty field on the Receipt form will revert back to the PO Releases value.

A quick test shows that you’ll need to have a near duplicate BPM for the method GetDtlVenQtyInfo too

1 Like

OPINION Coming:
While I understand that you want to prevent mistakes, I also feel that it is necessary to make this only a WARNING message rather than a preventative error message… here is why:
Scenario 1:

1. You order 100 each of Part X
  2. Supplier Ships 100 each
  3. Receiver accidentally types 200 each … show WARNING… user fixes problem… All is good

Scenario 2:

2. Supplier ships 200 each
  3. Receiver enters 200 (that is what is on the packslip). Show ERROR… since the system doesn’t allow over receipt, they enter 100, and pass it on.
  4. LATER, the Invoice arrives and it is billing you for 200 pieces. the qty invoiced doesnt match the qty received… we have a problem.

Scenario 3: (the right solution (in my opinion))

2. Supplier ships 200 each
  3. Receiver enters 200 (that is what is on the packslip). Show Warning, but receiver says… "Yes, That is what is in the box) and receives the 200 pieces. Receiver also notifies Purchasing that the supplier shipped too many.
  4. Buyer contacts supplier… makes decision as to whether to keep or return. If return… they create a debit memo and return product
  5. LATER, the Invoice arrives and it is billing you for 200 pieces. This must match the receiver and it does… But when paying the invoice, there is a debit memo to be matched which gives credit for the 100 extra pieces… no problem.

Scenario 3 is the correct way because all the paperwork matches, and credits are given if the decision to return product is made.
“In My Opinion”

4 Likes

Make this be the purpose of the BPM