Prevent Job Traveler Print

I’m looking for a way to prevent job travelers from being printed until they have been released. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I attempted to do a trace but came up with BOs ClientFunction.Impl and JobTravImpl which are not available for method directives. If anyone had any thoughts or suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Try switching type to Report.

Appreciate the response. I’m guessing this is a new option in Kinetic that isn’t available for me… Upgrade scheduled for May so probably stuck until then.

My method search in 10:

Another thing you can do is customize the traveler report style to have a watermark or other symbol across it based on the job status, like if its not released put UNRELEASED across it or something.

3 Likes

Yes, unfortunately the ‘Report’ methods weren’t exposed until more recent versions.

Thanks Alisa. While not exactly what I wanted, this will probably be the method I have to use until we upgrade. Greatly appreciate the input.

While I am extremely trepidatious about our upgrade, there are a few of the new features that I am looking forward to being able to utilize.

Bit of a hack, but you could edit the RDL to make the Tablix with all the data in it hidden when Released field is FALSE.

And add another text box that just says “JOB NOT YET RELEASED”. Have this one be visible when the Released field is TRUE

That technically wouldn’t keep it from printing. It would just only allow people to print an unusable version.