Prevent Classic Dashboard Tracker fields from rearranging

Hey there. I’ve just quietly dealt with this for a long time and I’m wondering if anyone’s ever noticed this or figured it out. When I have a tracker view on a dashboard, often I want to use the horizontal space so I keep the Tracker view fairly short and as I add fields they layout to the right to use up the empty space. The problem is that each time I open the dashboard in the future, the fields rearrange stacked on top of one another in the farthest left column on the screen. Many are hidden as the view is only expecting 2 fields to be exposed vertically. Is there a way to lock the layout?

Desirable:

Not desirable:

I go into customize tracker view and use the properties to align my fields and have never had them rearrange.

I really wish there was a from thru option in the designer that would make a greater then or equal to and less than or equal to pair of controls since I am always have to add the second one.

@gpayne
There’s a fantastic little workaround for the date range. I’m actually about to make a YouTube video about it. Long story short, make a calculated field on your BAQ and set it equal to whatever the date field you want the range to. Then in your dashboard tracker view, you’ll have two columns to use. Set one to be LTOE and the other to GTOE. You can edit the label right there in the Properties screen and then there’s no need to use customize tracker view - which keeps it nice and easy to edit should anything change in the future. Hide the calculated date field in your data grid (otherwise people are like why is that in there twice).

But the only way I know of to lock the position of the fields is to go to Customize Tracker View, which defeats the purpose of the cool little workaround I figured out. So I was hoping to find the missing piece of the puzzle here. There’s a way. I can feel it.

1 Like

I’ve had this happen many times. So many times in fact I just stopped using customize tracker view at all anymore. I just let the tracker create a list of fields and move everything around in a menu customization. That also has the added benefit of revision control.

1 Like

@Conley.TUC I’ve done this too. I was hoping to avoid the customization layer in general.