PO Suggestions Ignoring In Transit Transfer Order

Hello,

for some reason PO suggestions is ignoring transfer orders for example the below suggestion we have 1 on hand we have 21 in transit due this month to take us to 21 the system is asking us to order our MOQ ?

Was that transfer order created manually?

Yes this transfer order was made manually we have recently had some work done to enhance PO suggestions to suggest we order either from our parent company in poland or from KWE if there is sufficient stock

I don’t have any confirmation that this is happening but what I suspect is:

Even if you are strictly make to stock, when MRP runs, Epicor is, on it’s own, in the background, pegging every supply suggestion it writes to a specific demand trigger. It somehow uses the pegging system to determine if a specific demand trigger is satisfied.

A manually created supply record isn’t inherently pegged to anything, so they are ignored by MRP when it is writing supply suggestions to satisfy demand, even when the manually created supply will satisfy demand.

Do you recon this is also the case for manually created PO’s as I am having the same with a particular part aswell

1 Like

Again, to clarify, I have no confirmation that this is actually happening, but yes.

I believe something at least close to what I am positing is happening in the background. I have routinely observed for myself what you are seeing. Adequate manually generated supply records, of any form, PO/TO/etc., being ignored by MRP.