PO Price update

Hello all and happy new year!

I am trying to create a BAQ which highlights when a price has been changed on a PO since inception of the original order. Ideally with what was originally there against what it has manually been updated to.

I can find a ‘update’ field on BAQ’s but sadly that correlates with booking an item or promised date changes so sadly isn’t in-depth enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

If you are going from here forward you should be able to set up change log on that field(s) in question, then you can make a BAQ to look at the change log table, or just use the change log viewer in PO entry/tracker

If you are trying to look in the past, you may be out of luck.

1 Like

Hi Banderson,

Thanks for the response, sadly i’m going to have to admit to my lack of knowledge on where change log fields are and how to define them?

Any help would be great

Thanks
ryan

For setting up a change log, the help files actually do a really good job walking you through how to set them up. It’s a data directive BPM. Search your help for change log, and click on the enable change log directive.

This is the help page for setting it up. You pick which fields you want to track.

That should get you started. Give it a shot and if you get stuck somewhere let me know.

Here’s a link to the online help in EpicWeb.
https://epicweb.epicor.com/Education/OnlineHelpFeatureSummary/Epicor%20ERP%2010/10.2.200/Help/enu/Standard/snm_enu.htm

Thank you so much! I didn’t even know this existed!

I will have a go and see if it works.

Kind regards and thanks again
ryan

Brandon - Would it make more sense to create a UD field to record original price and look for a difference? We’re moving away from using change logs for reporting - that table has grown to over 30GB for us, and takes forever to search and query results since the records would be all text in one column… We haven’t been able to purge it in 10.0.700.4, but looking forward to it in 10.2.300 next month.

That all depends on what you want to see. If you add a UD field, you get the original price with the UD field, but you would get none of the changes in between. The business would have to decide if that’s relevant or not. You can turn on/off change logs without a maintenance window, which is nice, and the BPM is easier to make. But if optimizing database size is a concern, you could definitely go with the UD field if you wanted to.

It’s all a pros and cons game.