Physical Inventory

We used Epicor for the physical inventory and there were 3 parts that did not pull into it.
What conditions would prevent a part from pulling into the physical inventory process?
It was noted that a couple parts were marked as ABC Code “Z” which is excluded from cycle counts, but I would think that they should pull into a full physical, right? Either way, the other part is not marked as “Z”.

Hi! Yes, I would have to agree that a Part with ABC Code “Z” should be included in a full physical.

Was the Part a Non-Stock Part? If so, did you check the box for “Include Non-Stock” when you initialized the Physical Inventory?

Did the part have zero QOH? If so, did you check the box for “Include Zero QOH” when you initialized the Physical Inventory?

1 Like

All 3 parts are stocked and quantity bearing.
They all had stock on hand at the time of the full physical.
They were all in nettable bins.

I know this is a very non-technical illogical answer - but it happened to us about 2 years back - a full PO receipt at 1 pm the day of our 5 pm “freeze” did not get captured in the freeze for some reason. We have made it a habit, per our IT guy, to reboot our server right before we start our Physical Inventory initialization process…we do it twice a year so not a big issue to do it.

Hi Aaron,

We just came across a more/less similar issue while doing our stocktake recently. Our IT person picked up that the Non-Stock Item option was ticked in one screen but not in another for one serialized part. The 2 screens in question are:

1. Part Tracker > General > Sites > Detail
  2. Part Tracker > General > Part

Un-ticking the Non-Stock Item checkbox for the selected serialized part in the above 2 screens, fixed our issue. It might not apply to you and might not resolve your issue but I thought that I’d share the little I know for your and others’ benefit.

Cheers,
Michael