Permissions for accounting

If you have a group listed as deny why have them in there at all.  Our company policy is if they don't need it they don't see it.  Only put the groups in that need access.
To: "vantage@yahoogroups.com" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:49 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Permissions for accounting

<div id="ygrps-yiv-1780560421yiv1936762992ygrp-text">

<div>
One quick note on that, if you have them getting access via another security group, the grant access will override the deny access in Epicor.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kurt Hilborn
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:28 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com

On the security tab(of menu items) there is also a Deny list where you can set individual access. I’ve tested this on my own Security Manager account and it does work for individual items.
So you can add them to a group or however you like and them grant/deny them access on an individual level.
KH

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of sanfranc415
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:18 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Permissions for accounting

Good morning, All:

We have an accountant that has been given the "Security Manager" access. I'd like to know what others are doing to provide their accountant full access to AP/AR, but limit their access to employee data and company configuration?

I'm probably going to have to start configure security at the table level. Our company is running 8.03.408B.

Regards,

--sf
</div>
Good morning, All:

We have an accountant that has been given the "Security Manager" access. I'd like to know what others are doing to provide their accountant full access to AP/AR, but limit their access to employee data and company configuration?

I'm probably going to have to start configure security at the table level. Our company is running 8.03.408B.

Regards,

--sf

On the security tab(of menu items) there is also a Deny list where you can set individual access. I’ve tested this on my own Security Manager account and it does work for individual items.

So you can add them to a group or however you like and them grant/deny them access on an individual level.

KH

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of sanfranc415

Good morning, All:

Regards,

--sf

One quick note on that, if you have them getting access via another security group, the grant access will override the deny access in Epicor.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kurt Hilborn
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:28 AM

KH

Good morning, All:

Regards,

--sf

There are several options, including using a mix of specific screens and trackers, using field security, customized screens that leave off fields, etc.  What is best depends in large part on what needs to be viewed and what data would be added/changed.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you need to do something different than giving access to only the AR/AP menu items.  What transactions will the accountant do, and what is view-only?

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff Greenaway

Consulting CIO/ERP Consultant

jeffgreenaway@...

www.cio-ondemand.com

Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:18 AM

Good morning, All:

Regards,

--sf

I personally would not set this security up this way.  I would create a security group and then give that group permissions to Everything in AP / AR.

Thanks

<div id="ygrps-yiv-428122040yiv1527661749ygrp-text">

<div>Good morning, All: <br>

Regards,

--sf

</div>
After reviewing the "Process Security" it turns out there are several processes that are set to require the "Security Manager" account, and this is what it was originally setup this way. So, looks like this will need to be resolved before setting up the menu security for the accountant.

--sf

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Kimberley White <faepigrl@...> wrote:
>
> I personally would not set this security up this way. I would create a security group and then give that group permissions to Everything in AP / AR.
> ÂÂ
> Thanks
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: sanfranc415 <sanfranc415@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:18 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Permissions for accounting
>
> ÂÂ
>
> Good morning, All:
>
> We have an accountant that has been given the "Security Manager" access. I'd like to know what others are doing to provide their accountant full access to AP/AR, but limit their access to employee data and company configuration?
>
> I'm probably going to have to start configure security at the table level. Our company is running 8.03.408B.
>
> Regards,
>
> --sf
>