Passing Bartender Parameters via Customization

Hello,

I have a customization where I’m passing parameters to Bartender via a customization and running the report. This all works well except for when I pass part numbers with spaces in them as parameters. I see on a bartender help site (Rules for Specifying Command Line Parameters) that it says no spaces are permitted within the parameters. So I’m kind of stumped as to what to do.

I’m not the most well versed in Bartender but my thought was that I could do a replace in the customization to get rid of the space and replace it with a unique character. However I’m not sure if I could do some sort of expression or formula to the value inside of bartender to change it back?

Any ideas on how to get around this issue?

Thanks

Which version of BarTender are you using. With 2016 on there are some very elegant ways to print labels. In general parameters is not the way I would recommend going with it. Let Epicor generate the data and send it to BarTender already filtered/formatted.

What screen are you in, what kind of labels are you trying to generate, and is it automated or triggered by a button click of some description?

thanks for the reply.

we are on version 20.1 SR4 of bartender.

the bartender labels are using the database connection and i’m using a customization in job receipt to inventory to pass it the part number. I think i’m going to purpose using the job number to get around this, but I’d like to hear any suggestions.

Are you using Trigger Files? I found for maximum flexibility, I resorted to writing my own trigger file generations. With that said, you can pass bartender params in an AutoPrint as well, although I dont remember exactly where you place them. I bet @tfenwick11 knows

I’d expect there to be some delimiter, such as ~ or , etc

I would use trigger files or send the data direct over TCP ports. There are multiple ways to skin that cat. What is your skill level with C#. You’ll need to generate a CSV file from a BAQ and put a header in it with commands to tell BarTender what file format to use, how many copies to print. Etc. It’s a much more elegant solution but takes a bit to setup. You can really get fancy with 2016 BarTender

2 Likes

I agree that method seems to have more flexibility. I’ll continue to explore that avenue as a best approach to this issue. Thanks for your input.