Pass Value to Kinetic Dashboard from Open With Menu

In Classic, I have a dashboard on the menu that I added to Context Menu Maintenance so it could be accessed from the Open With menu from any Part Number field, and the value in the Part Number field carries over to the dashboard. I have transitioned the dashboard to Kinetic, allowing the tracker view to become a Slide Out panel with the Part Number field to filter the data. I have also added the Kinetic version to Context Menu Maintenance and it appears in my Open With menu.

However, when I open the dashboard with Open With, the Part Number is not populating the field in the Slide Out Panel. I found a post referenced below on this topic. Then solution to this post mentions changing the InitTransView event to set the ValueIn, etc.

I’m just wondering if that is the only way to restore this Classic dashboard functionality in Kinetic?

https://www.epiusers.help/t/creating-a-custom-kinetic-form-that-uses-open-with/97991/4

I opened a support ticket for this issue. There issue has been reported and a Problem has been created (PRB0274717) for those interested.