Parttran with missing job material

On our WIP report we have an imbalance that won’t clear, with any of the fixes. I see it’s due to a PartTran record, with connected, valid, received PO. But the job material, referenced by both PO and PartTran, is missing/deleted!

Any idea how could this have happened?

And how to fix? I can add the part back to the job, but it thinks it is unreceived even though it has been received.

I don’t know if this is your specific issue, but I have seen multiple examples of corruption inside of the job-tree before when dealing with larger job trees inside of E9. And when the job tree becomes corrupted enough, some very strange things can happen inside of the system.

So, you might want to try running one or more of the conversions which are supposed to rebuild the job tree inside of a test database to see if it fixes anything for you.

Ok thanks. We were on E10 when the error looks to have occurred. I’ve tried Conversion 620, Repair JobOper, and FX_Upd_JobMtl_TotalCost2.df. Are you aware of any others I should try? And yes we’ll verify it works in our test environment before performing on production.

I found this, but hoping there is something better. I’m not sure what all needs to be adjusted.

This is an extremely long shot, but there is a slight possibility that the material record wasn’t actually deleted, but that one or more of the pointers which connects it to the job tree became corrupted. In such an instance it might contain a bad job number or have a non-existent assembly sequence.

To test for this, write a BAQ to look for all job materials with the expected part number and see if you can identify any records which look out of place. You could narrow down your search to see if any of these contain the expected required date.

Yes that’s how I found the missing row.

The other job using the same part is correct.

Oh I just figured out how to delete a JobMaterial Record with transactions against it!
You just need to change the material sequence number, it will let you change it. Then you can delete the material off the job! :grimacing:

I’ll post this on ideas…
https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-4553

Here is BPM to close loophole where you’re able to delete JobMtl job materials that have transactions.
StopMtlSeqChanget.bpm (37.9 KB)