PartBin and PartBinInfo "On Hand Qty" don't match

, ,

Imported a part and adjusted quantity using DMT. Tested a part first that had an 80,000 quantity and adjusted the quantity for it again accidently. Now my PartBin and PartBinInfo report different quantities. After I adjusted the quantity to remove the extra 80,000 pieces, PartBin now reports 80,000 but PartBinInfo reports 160,000. Is there a way to get them to match that I’m missing?

You can try these programs. Run Report only, and filter for your part. Then if the adjustment looks good, run Report and Update. It doesn’t always work, but a majority of the time it can fix your issue.

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn’t seem to be doing anything at all. PartBin is still correct at 80,000 while PartBinInfo shows 160,000. No “report” popped up and I have no idea where the report log file was written to go see what it might show.

Found the log file on the appserver. Log reports “No differences found”… but the BAQ sure shows a difference. This one’s got me stumped. Inventory reports all seem to look correct, just the PartBinInfo quantity in the BAQ seems to be incorrect.

I don’t really know what partbininfo is used for. We only have 2 entries in that table for our live database. And they don’t match either. Where is that table used in Epicor?

That’s what’s driving me nuts. I can find no other report, dashboard, app that shows the 160,000 “On Hand Qty” in PartBinInfo. I’m starting to wonder if the column is mis-labled and it should be “Running Total”. When looking at part transaction history, that’s the only place I can find a 160,000 qty. I’m just hoping it doesn’t show up at year end. Not sure where or what else to look for.

The Data Dictionary indicates that the PartBinInfo:

An extention of the PartBin table, hold information specific to KanBan processing.

Did you notice this causing a problem or did we just make the assumption that they should be the same?

I got this from the BAQ program when I selected the PartBinInfo table:

PartBinInfo : An extention of the PartBin table, hold information specific to KanBan processing.

I have never (at least to my knowledge) used this table for any processing or data. I have CERTAINLY never considered it as holding inventory data.

1 Like

With that info. This is where the table is used. I don’t see that specific field on the screen, but I would assume it’s using that field to determine Kanban Move Requests.

1 Like

It was shown side/side on a BAQ that another user created and that’s when I noticed the quantity mis-match. We don’t use the Kanban inventory control so I’d never bothered to research that data. Yes, I was incorrectly assuming they should be the same. Thanks much for the clarification. I think I can breathe a sigh of relief now.

Found it in the “list view”. The column was hidden and I still have no idea what it does or where it’s “On Hand Qty” is coming from. But I can see it now at least.

Backing up one level to the warehouse list view… and the on-hand quantity is 80,000 parts.