Part Create Date

So I had searched the threads to see if there were any posts about part create date. We want to track when a new part gets created in Epicor. From some of the propose solution is to turn on logging and then link to the chglog table and filtered for only part creation. Other solution is to create UD field and update that table via BPM or customization. We’re on 10.2.100, and was just wondering if this has been updated/enhanced in this version? I cannot find this field in the “Part” table. Any ideas?

I would be in the create a UD field camp.

1 Like

currently you need a UD Field with a BPM… but I heard a little bird say that this will be in a future release very soon (safe harbor statement goes here).

2 Likes

We were using change logs, and recently moved to the UD field - this is to flag new parts, because those need to be added manually into Insite Manifest. Maybe that will improve as Manifest gets better integrated with a future release (dashboard anyone?)…

Hi Tim!

I believe this is live now, as of 10.2.100.x at least. New records will store Create By and Create Time, although there isn’t a mechanism to back fill or update existing records.

David

1 Like

Hey David!

You’re correct, I noticed it was in 10.2.200 as well. Both fields get stamped upon creation but aren’t on a screen/tracker by default.

Kelly