Packing Slip - Using a BAQ and SSRS Packing Slip as a report style option

One of our customers needs a very basic custom Packing Slip for their dropship orders. So I created a BAQ with the needed information and an SSRS report for the packing slip. The packing slip runs fine on it’s own when testing from BAQ Report Designer --> Actions --> Test Report Form, but when I create a report style and print from Customer Shipment form I get the below error from System Monitor. I believe I’m missing a means to pass the Pack Slip ID to the form to filter.

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
Stack Trace:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.FindEntry(TKey key) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
at Epicor.Utilities.DictionaryExtensions.GetOrAdd[TKey,TValue](IDictionary2 dictionary, TKey key, Func2 valueFactory) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.9\Source\Shared\Framework\Epicor.ServiceModel\Utilities\DictionaryExtensions.cs:line 24
at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDataBuilderBase.XMLDumpTable(IRow row, String rptTableId) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.9\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportDataBuilderBase.cs:line 336
at Erp.Internal.SR.PackingSlipPrint.doShipDtl() in C:_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.200.9\Source\Server\Internal\SR\PackingSlipPrint\PackingSlipPrint.cs:line 2010
at Erp.Internal.SR.PackingSlipPrint.RunProcess(Int64 Instance_TaskNum, String OutputFile) in C:_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.200.9\Source\Server\Internal\SR\PackingSlipPrint\PackingSlipPrint.cs:line 942
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.InnerExecuteTask(IceDataContext newContext) in C:_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.200.0\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 98
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask() in C:_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.200.0\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 57
at Ice.Lib.RunTask.BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.Run(String sessionIdPrefix, IceContext db, Action taskRunner) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.9\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.cs:line 63
at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.InnerRunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum, Boolean suppressTransaction) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.9\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTask.cs:line 549

This is the BAQ Report designer screenshot

Report Style Maintenance

Never seen a RDD report style being mixed with a BAQ report style.

Any reason why you didn’t just create copy of the RDD report and strip out everything you didn’t need? That to me would be the easiest route, even at this point

1 Like

The packlist is so simple (customer address and six fields) I thought it’d be faster to just create a BAQ and a clean SSRS report. Looking like that might not be the case.

How were you planning to have the BAQ filtered on the PackNum?

That’s probably my question. Is it possible to do a filter on the Pack Number with a report setup such as this?

The “Print Packslip/Labels” form expects the selected Report Style to use the Packslip (or whatever it is called) RDD. That RDD takes in parameters (notably the PackNum) and then generates the temp dataset based on the RDD’s logic (which uses any inputs like PackNum).

More likely than not, the BAQ Report’s “DataDef” doesn’t accept the inputs the same way.

There are ways to make this work. But all are way harder than duplicating the base Packslip style, then hollowing out the RDL that is created for it.

OK understood. Thanks for the assistance.