Overview of major changes between version

Hi All,

I just started a new position today that has me on a current version of E10.
Two jobs ago, I went from E9.05 to E10.0. I then switched jobs which put me back to E9.05. The plan was to upgrade to E10.X but we were acquired so that came to a halt.

In this new position, we are on E10.2. I’m not sure of the exact version because I haven’t had a chance to look yet.

This is a big ask, but would someone be able to give a very high-level overview of what major changes there have been or major technology updates have happened between 10.0.700.4 and 10.2.700.5?

I am just looking for a cheat sheet, if you will, that will give me a place to start looking.
Maybe there is a tech document that will help as well.

There are many changes… the best way to find them is to go to EpicWeb and go to the Documentation page. There you will find ERP10 and the Release notes for every version. You don’t need EVERY version separately because the last version in each series shows a set of documented changes. Sign In

I used to upgrade from 10.0.700.4 to 10.1.400, and encountered a lot of issues during this period. and got a lot of data fix from Epicor Support to fix the issues caused by differences between versions. If you want to upgrade to 10.2.700 directly , I think the difficulty may be more because there are too many changes, I suggest you find a professional consultant to support.

Welcome back Joe!

The three things off the top of my head that an IT person would want to know:

• REST (Starting 10.1.600)
  • Epicor Functions (10.2.500)
  • Kinetic (10.2.500+)

11.1 is coming out in May and it’s all browser based (or you can use the slower SmartClient). Epicor recommends getting to 10.2.700 so the users get used to the new interface. It’s still a little fresh right now but if you start planning it now, it should be ready when you are.

1 Like

Thanks All. This information is a great start to help me get caught up!

Hi Joe,

Many congratulations!

You can reach me if you need additional help!
I would be happy to assist you :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards