OTS Issue with Manifest

Has anyone ever experienced issues with the OTS name / contact not pulling through when shipping the order?

We have had a few customers / SOs in Epicor that were shipped using the default options through Customer Shipment Entry (New Pack, type in Order#, Mass Shipment button -> Ship all button, etc…)

But when the info is sent to Manifest it shows the following -

Even though in the pack in Epicor we have the following OTS info -

Also in the SO -

It seems like it’s only pulling in the customer name, even though we have OTS checked and all filled-out… Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I’ve checked the database fields and everything seems to be correct.

Caleb,

Other person, similar problem… could it be same culprit you are seeing?

Nancy

That doesn’t seem to be the issue as the orders come in with UseOTS = 1

I think this may be a larger issue with one of our other systems… So may not be directly related to Epicor actually

The OTS issue was related to the other system…

But now whenever we ship an order out with OTS and the customer has a contact on file (not even the primary Shipping contact), then the carrier label comes out like -
OTSName
ContactName
OTSAddress1
Etc.

How can we get rid of the contact name in Manifest flowing into the carrier label? It seems like it feeds into Manifest from the Epicor customer contact, but I don’t see why this would be happening or start happening now; our shipping person has never seen this occur and now all of a sudden it is.

Any ideas?

@Caleb323 what version of Manifest are you on?

@Caleb323 - what does your Sales Order Entry screen on the One Time Ship to Tab looks like?
Is there a contact name entered for the OTS?

It just has the OTSName info -

I think you need to review the Carrier XML file to see what Epicor is sending to Manifest to be sure. Where Manifest is installed (possibly a server) there is a CarrierXMLFile folder. Mine is in Manifest-> Websites_> EpicorFreigthService->CarrierXMLFile. Here you should see an Epicor Request file that should match your transaction. The request file will show all information Epicor is passing onto Manifest. I wonder if you can find the contact name in there and that can point us to where the information is coming from in Epicor.

1 Like

I’ve found the directory for the XML files…

the “ShipmentRequest” file has the following for the names -

< ToName xmlns=“www.envmgr.com/LabelService”>RXXXXXX< /ToName>
< ToCompany xmlns=“www.envmgr.com/LabelService”>RXXXXX< /ToCompany>
(without the spaces and obviously the correct name :wink: )

I guess this is normal behavior, I just can’t seem to find why some of the shipments have two different names (correct ShipTo name in the ToName area, but the main contact name for the ToCompany area). The ToCompany contact name is coming from the Manifest Customer “Contact” field, but I don’t see why this would transfer over to the One-Time-ShipTo shipments

I don’t know how to answer why. I think you need to ask ship support at Epicor.

Do you know if it’s a good idea (or if even possible) to remove the ToCompany field from flowing in? We don’t care about the company name and it seems like it’s messing up more shipments then helping… So if the ToName field was the main “Name” field - then that would be great… I just can’t seem to find any good ways of removing the field (ToCompany) from being flowed in

@Caleb323 - I don’t think you can remove any fields from the XML file created in ERP that Manifest use.

Did you ask ship support for help? Dave and Phil should be able to help further troubleshoot via a webex. I am a bit confused as to why you want to remove the To Company name. what if you had to ship to another company ship to location? I think it would be a bad idea to try to remove it.

We rarely ship to actual company names - it’s almost always the actual person receiving it… Plus the “ToCompany” field is not even the company name; it’s the customer’s contact name (or at least that’s how it’s printing out and displayed)

Unfortunately we do not have support… I guess we wouldn’t want to remove the ToCompany field in the end game - that was more of a band-aid solution as we are continuously having more and more shipments with two different names on the carrier label. I would like to make it so if it’s a OTS shipment, only use that data/fields - why would it ever grab Customer Contact / Company name when it’s using OTS is beyond me

Any additional help/feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

This issue recently started to occur because in the past we didn’t really use Customer Contacts… Now that we have, for some reason they’re flowing into the Carrier Label information - this is rather confusing as we use OTS for most of our shipment/packs. Why Epicor / Epicor Manifest would want a OTS.Name and the Customer Contact Name on the same carrier label is what’s bizarre. If we’re shipping to the Customer Contact Name, then we would easily just select this; if we’re using OTS, only use that OTS information… I didn’t think that would be a hard concept so I’m not sure what Manifest is doing