Original open-app tile to open Kinetic layer

Hi guys,

Does anyone of you know how I can get an original Epicor open-app tile to open a layer made by us? Layer field is greyed-out.
Normally I would work with process calling maintenance, but I can’t get it working for QuoteEntry to QuoteEngEntry.
QuoteEng is a new window which doesn’t exist in the old application, so there is no DLL for this function.
Hope you can help :slight_smile:

Original menu to open EQMT2015
Our menu with our layer EQBC2015

Tried the following:

Copy the event to make your own, then create a new button, hide the native button, and call your copied event.

2 Likes

Actually, you know what? I forgot they added this–you can just copy the event and set the trigger to override the original.

***I’ve never actually used this feature. I just tested it and it didn’t seem to work. I will have to do some more research. My original suggestion works, though.

3 Likes

That would have been a really nice one actually.
Yeah with hiding the original button and placing my own button I have done in several layers, but I think Epicor should make this a bit easier. More like what you did by copying and overriding the event :smiley:
OR just allowing to enter a layer at the original button :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, I lied–it did work.
The dev tools is just dumb and shows the original event being called despite it opening my custom layer. Dumb!
Okay, so do that, lol.

2 Likes

You’re right, it works! :partying_face:
This is a lot easier than new buttons :stuck_out_tongue:

Still I have to agree with my colleague too, that Process Calling should work as well. Then at least you can activate the layer so from every calling app it opens the right layer. He created a case at Epicor, to be continued…

Agreed!