Order Values On a Sales Order dashboard

We have an Order Dashboard which display an overview of sales orders. it lists Sales orders. On that Dashboard the ‘Value’ Field is a Calculated field which sum(OrderDtl.DocExtPriceDtl). The problem comes when there are Part kits, where the parent line and all component lines get added up which results doubling the amount. This will then cause the Value field to show a bloated higher value.

When trying to understand why we use a calculated field, not just OrderHed.DocOrderAmt, I was told that it was done because there can be issues when tax, Misc charges gets applied to lines. I’d like to know if that’s true and some examples if so.

Or else Is it safe to use the OrderHed.DocOrderAmt to show the current value of a Sales order?

Thanks!

Say the order is 100.00, but really 90.00 of that order is actually for product and 5.00 is for some miscellaneous charge and the other 5.00 is for tax.

Is it important to see the order total is 90.00 of actual sales?

try OrderDtl.KitFlag <> “C” in the BAQ filter.
This will leave out the kit components and not double count them.

KitFlag codes:
P = Sales Kit Parent line
C = Sales Kit Component Line
Null = regular line

Yes, I believe that would be quite important for finance and salespeople.

So I think I can display all these ‘Summary fields’ related to a particular sales order in my dashboard, so that any user can identify the how the order total is made up. Thanks for the idea.

And Thanks A lot @althomas , I will give this a try right away! very helpful!

Also note that the OrderDtl.DocExtPriceDtl does NOT take discounts into consideration. If there is discounts offered then the true extended total may be different.

I normally use a formula to get the net total amount.

( OrderDtl.OrderQty * OrderDtl.DocUnitPrice ) - OrderDtl.DocDiscount

Thanks a lot for that information! very helpful, and I appreciate it.