Open with Dashboard to active record

Thanks Marianne,
I had not done this before, but found some info online about how to embed a dashboard in a customized form and it works great!  We already have order entry very customized and I was feeling a bit worried about making it even bulkier, but I'm not seeing any performance issues on load.  I've used a retrieve button to get the data, so that if it's not used, it's not retrieved.

I found this posted by this nice fellow, thought I would share it here with him referenced; (ps i had trouble when i added new order that dashboard was holding residual lookup data; therefore I recommend considering use of "include Retrieve button"10b below, even if the dashboard dataset is not large):

Add a Dashboard (or Updateable Dashboard) to an Entry Screen

Tim Berryman

This example use the Sales Order Entry form

1. Create your dashboard and if required deploy your updateable dashboard

2. Activate developer mode Dashboard Example1.png

3. Start the form that you will be adding the new dashboard to e.g. Order Entry

4. Choose a customisation to add the dashboard to or opt for Base for the basic Epicor form

5. When the screen has loaded > Tools > Customization

6. Locate the area of the screen where you want the new dashboard to be added

a. To add a dashboard at the same level as Summary, Header, Lines. Select a field on one of these screens.
E.g. select the Sales Order button.

This button is located on the Summary sheet which is attached to the sheetTopLevelPanel1 which is where the dashboard will be attached.

7. Create the sheet for the dashboard

a. Go to the Wizards > Sheet Wizard tab
b. New Custom Sheet
c. Select the level to which the dashboard will be attached (e.g. 'sheetTopLevelPanel1')
Enter the details:Name: (no spaces are allowed in the name)
Text:  
Tab Text:  

d. Click 'Add Dashboard'
i. For a read only dashboard follow step 8.
ii. For an updateable dashboard follow step 9.

8. Add a read only dashboard
a. Select Dashboard Panel > Search for and select the dashboard to add > Next
b. Go to Step 10.

9. Add an updateable dashboard
a. Select AppBuilder Panel > Search for and select the dashboard to add (The updateable dashboard may need to be deployed to a menu item for this to work)

> Next

10. Choose the type of dashboard
a. Subscribe to UI data (auto Retrieve on publication)
This type of dashboard is best for small amounts of data 
Example: retrieving data in a dashboard that only looks at a limited number of records e.g. order lines. When you open the dashboard tab the data will auto-retrieve.
b. Subscribe to UI data (include Retrieve button)
Best for potentially large amounts of data or where you want to add additional search criteria.
Example: a dashboard against a customer retrieving all order line records

Required to click the retrieve button before data is fetched.

11. Select the DataView (table) to apply the dashboard filter against.
E.g. OrderHed

12. Select the DataColumn (Field) to apply the dashboard filter against.
E.g. OrderNum

13. Click 'Add... and ok 

14. Now click the Blue right arrow to add the sheet to the screen

15. Save the Customisation

16. Close the Customisation Tools Dialog

17. Test the new dashboard (note. For the functionality to work correctly you may need to close the screen and reload the customisation)

18. Add the Screen Customisation to the Epicor Menu and deploy to users

Released: June 13, 2013, 4:40 am 

1 Like

Good Morning,

I have created a "summary sales order" dashboard to show user flat view of their order data, all lines / releases, dates, plants, etc. because the tabs make it difficult for user to see the whole big picture and acknowledgement report doesn't show all of our internal (plant, availability) concerns.

I have the context menu setup to work with it, so that I can do an "open with" on the dashboard from a Sales Order field.  However, I am stuck RE how to get the dashboard to "open with" the current sales order record.  Any suggestions on how to pass / publish this to dashboard?

We are on version 9.05.702A

Thanks,

Nancy

hi

Instead of doing an open with how about embedding the dashboard into a new tab on the form.

the dashboard would need to be published and the embedded dashboard would subscribe to it.

Passing the order num with it.

Marianne