ODBC Setup Problem

Just remembered, be sure you run the 32-bit ODBCAD32.exe command found in the C:\Windows\System32
folder. That is how you set up the ODBC connection.

Jonathan

Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:26 AM
Subject: [Vantage] ODBC Setup Problem

Â
I have just acquired a new PC. It runs Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit. My old PC was running XP, 32 bit and ODBC worked fine.

I have gone to the server, and run the OE101b\netsetup\setup.exe program. I have added the following registry entries:

- In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI\OpenEdge10.1B:

o APILevel 1

o ConnectFunctions YYY

o CPTimeout 60

o Driver \\DB1\epicor\oe101b\bin\pgoe1022.dll

o DriverODBCVer 5.1

o FileUsage 0

o Setup \\DB1\epicor\oe101b\bin\pgoe1022.dll

o SQLLevel 1

o UsageCount 1

- In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC Drivers:

o OpenEdge10.1B Installed

I reboot my system to ensure it picks up the new registry entries (not sure that is required, but it shouldn't hurt).

Now, I go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) to add the source. I click on the System DSN tab. I click the Add... button. I expect to see my Progress ODBC driver in the list to select, but it is not there. Where did I screw up, and how should I fix it? I use ODBC a lot to get to my data, so this is pretty much a critical issue.

Thom Rose

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I have just acquired a new PC. It runs Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit. My old PC was running XP, 32 bit and ODBC worked fine.

I have gone to the server, and run the OE101b\netsetup\setup.exe program. I have added the following registry entries:

o APILevel 1

o ConnectFunctions YYY

o CPTimeout 60

o DriverODBCVer 5.1

o FileUsage 0

o SQLLevel 1

o UsageCount 1

I reboot my system to ensure it picks up the new registry entries (not sure that is required, but it shouldn't hurt).

Now, I go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) to add the source. I click on the System DSN tab. I click the Add... button. I expect to see my Progress ODBC driver in the list to select, but it is not there. Where did I screw up, and how should I fix it? I use ODBC a lot to get to my data, so this is pretty much a critical issue.

Thom Rose

Win7 64bit will need some extra steps before ODBC will work.

Off the top of my head. this was the new tool I need to use on 64 bit:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Also here is a link tech tip that covers the registry.

https://epicweb.epicor.com/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?/ePortal/ABDetail&rs:Command=Render&rc:Toolbar=true&Card_ID=8647MPS&Answerbook=Vantage+Enhancement+Requests

Also in my case I also need to add "Workarounds2" to the registy.
Otherwise I couldn't do some things in MS Access.
You can find details for this registy entry on the web.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Rose <t.rose@...> wrote:
>
> I have just acquired a new PC. It runs Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit. My old PC was running XP, 32 bit and ODBC worked fine.
>
> I have gone to the server, and run the OE101b\netsetup\setup.exe program. I have added the following registry entries:
>
> - In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI\OpenEdge10.1B:
>
> o APILevel 1
>
> o ConnectFunctions YYY
>
> o CPTimeout 60
>
> o Driver \\DB1\epicor\oe101b\bin\pgoe1022.dll
>
> o DriverODBCVer 5.1
>
> o FileUsage 0
>
> o Setup \\DB1\epicor\oe101b\bin\pgoe1022.dll
>
> o SQLLevel 1
>
> o UsageCount 1
>
> - In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC Drivers:
>
> o OpenEdge10.1B Installed
>
> I reboot my system to ensure it picks up the new registry entries (not sure that is required, but it shouldn't hurt).
>
> Now, I go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) to add the source. I click on the System DSN tab. I click the Add... button. I expect to see my Progress ODBC driver in the list to select, but it is not there. Where did I screw up, and how should I fix it? I use ODBC a lot to get to my data, so this is pretty much a critical issue.
>
> Thom Rose
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Thom,

What version of Vantage are you using?

Jonathan

Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:26 AM
Subject: [Vantage] ODBC Setup Problem

Â

o APILevel 1

o ConnectFunctions YYY

o CPTimeout 60

o DriverODBCVer 5.1

o FileUsage 0

o SQLLevel 1

o UsageCount 1

Thom Rose