Non-Conformance procedure

That got it. Thanks guys. Never thought of hitting the binocular icon. I was looking for a normal search button.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, robertb_versa@... wrote:
>
> It is still on a lobor nonconformance. It isn't in DMR state yet.
> Inspect it. (I'd pass it - returning it to WIP - and edit the labor record to get correct total qty.)
> Rob
>
> --- Original Message ---
> From:"dtgreen01" <pixelbend@...>
> Sent:Fri 4/23/10 10:47 am
> To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subj:[Vantage] Re: Non-Conformance procedure
>
> Thanks Mark. That was my original thought , but when I go into DMR processing, there are no open DMRs (or closed for that matter) when I search. Is the DMR supposed to be created automatically? There is no DMR listed in the Corrective Action that I made either. It is grayed out.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@> wrote:
> >
> > You need to go into QA Module and then to DMR processing. There you have the ability to accept or reject against the DMR and determine what needs to happen to that part
> >
> > --- On Fri, 4/23/10, dtgreen01 <pixelbend@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: dtgreen01 <pixelbend@>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Non-Conformance procedure
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Friday, April 23, 2010, 10:26 AM
> >
> > We are on Vantage 8.00.812 and have never used the non-conformance or DMR processing portion of the system. A couple of days ago, one of the workers on the plant floor entered scrap numbers and then entered it as non-conformance as well. Now I have an open non-conformance and a job that I can't close.
> >
> > Can someone tell me the steps required to close the non-conformance? I have already added a Corrective Action and linked it to the non-conformance, but it didn't seem to have any effect.
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> > David Green
> > Magna-Tel, Inc.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
We are on Vantage 8.00.812 and have never used the non-conformance or DMR processing portion of the system. A couple of days ago, one of the workers on the plant floor entered scrap numbers and then entered it as non-conformance as well. Now I have an open non-conformance and a job that I can't close.

Can someone tell me the steps required to close the non-conformance? I have already added a Corrective Action and linked it to the non-conformance, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks for the help,
David Green
Magna-Tel, Inc.
You need to go into QA Module and then to DMR processing. There you have the ability to accept or reject against the DMR and determine what needs to happen to that part

--- On Fri, 4/23/10, dtgreen01 <pixelbend@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Non-Conformance procedure
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, April 23, 2010, 10:26 AM

Â

We are on Vantage 8.00.812 and have never used the non-conformance or DMR processing portion of the system. A couple of days ago, one of the workers on the plant floor entered scrap numbers and then entered it as non-conformance as well. Now I have an open non-conformance and a job that I can't close.

Can someone tell me the steps required to close the non-conformance? I have already added a Corrective Action and linked it to the non-conformance, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks for the help,
David Green
Magna-Tel, Inc.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thanks Mark. That was my original thought , but when I go into DMR processing, there are no open DMRs (or closed for that matter) when I search. Is the DMR supposed to be created automatically? There is no DMR listed in the Corrective Action that I made either. It is grayed out.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
> You need to go into QA Module and then to DMR processing. There you have the ability to accept or reject against the DMR and determine what needs to happen to that part
>
> --- On Fri, 4/23/10, dtgreen01 <pixelbend@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: dtgreen01 <pixelbend@...>
> Subject: [Vantage] Non-Conformance procedure
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Friday, April 23, 2010, 10:26 AM
>
> We are on Vantage 8.00.812 and have never used the non-conformance or DMR processing portion of the system. A couple of days ago, one of the workers on the plant floor entered scrap numbers and then entered it as non-conformance as well. Now I have an open non-conformance and a job that I can't close.
>
> Can someone tell me the steps required to close the non-conformance? I have already added a Corrective Action and linked it to the non-conformance, but it didn't seem to have any effect.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> David Green
> Magna-Tel, Inc.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Â
It depends on how the nonconformance was created. Go into inspection processing and look for the material (use your binoculars to search for all or you can limit to specific types of transactions) If you see it in your inspection processing, you can then fail it, to which by default a nonconformance is created (you can also elect to generate a corrective action by clicking the button)
Â
From there you can use DMR processing to determine what to do with it. Essentially, everything leads to inspection processing, which, if the part is failed, will create the DMR.
Â
This is probably what happened in your case
--- On Fri, 4/23/10, dtgreen01 <pixelbend@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Re: Non-Conformance procedure
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, April 23, 2010, 10:43 AM

Â

Thanks Mark. That was my original thought , but when I go into DMR processing, there are no open DMRs (or closed for that matter) when I search. Is the DMR supposed to be created automatically? There is no DMR listed in the Corrective Action that I made either. It is grayed out.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@.. .> wrote:
>
> You need to go into QA Module and then to DMR processing. There you have the ability to accept or reject against the DMR and determine what needs to happen to that part
>
> --- On Fri, 4/23/10, dtgreen01 <pixelbend@. ..> wrote:
>
>
> From: dtgreen01 <pixelbend@. ..>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
>
> We are on Vantage 8.00.812 and have never used the non-conformance or DMR processing portion of the system. A couple of days ago, one of the workers on the plant floor entered scrap numbers and then entered it as non-conformance as well. Now I have an open non-conformance and a job that I can't close.
>
> Can someone tell me the steps required to close the non-conformance? I have already added a Corrective Action and linked it to the non-conformance, but it didn't seem to have any effect.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> David Green
> Magna-Tel, Inc.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
It is still on a lobor nonconformance. It isn't in DMR state yet.
Inspect it. (I'd pass it - returning it to WIP - and edit the labor record to get correct total qty.)
Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Fri 4/23/10 10:47 am
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Re: Non-Conformance procedure

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
>
> --- On Fri, 4/23/10, dtgreen01 <pixelbend@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: dtgreen01 <pixelbend@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Thanks for the help,
> David Green
> Magna-Tel, Inc.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>