No PartAlloc record after adding a transfer order shipment line - bug or am I missing something?

When you create a customer shipment entry line for a sales order, a part allocation is created.

When you do this in transfer order shipment entry, I am not seeing a part allocation created.

Is this just a bug in 10.2.500.8 or are others seeing this as well?

I can confirm that we do not have any PartAlloc rows for unshipped transfer order lines in version 10.2.700.26.

Crazy- must be a “feature.”

Tyler, I appreciate the time you spent checking this. Huge help.

A side effect of this is that Epicor won’t let you “use” parts that are currently on an open customer pack since they’re in a “picked” status in PartAlloc. With no allocation record on a transfer, you could scan parts onto a shipment, leave it unshipped because the truck hasn’t come yet, and someone could come steal those parts away from the shipment without throwing an error in Epicor.

For what it’s worth, we have AMM turned on in our environment. We enabled the license during our migration from E9 to E10 so I don’t know how much of the PartAlloc behavior is E10 behavior or AMM behavior.

1 Like

I like the picked allocation logic on customer shipment, I just wish that transfer orders would work the same way.

We have AMM as well, but don’t use it.

Here is the ideas link for this if anyone cares to vote for them to add this functionality:

Make Transfer Order Shipments Allocate The Inventory | Kinetic Ideas (aha.io)