New EpicCare Site

Same version as you but mine is still cringey

I have ā€œSource Sans Proā€ installed as a font on my computer (maybe from Adobe?) so for me both ā€œSource Sans Proā€ and ā€œSourceSansProā€ work in the CSS

2 Likes

Ah!!! That makes sense the browser always looks first locally (local font cache) then provided fonts (google fonts)

In my case I donā€™t have Source Sans Pro installed and it isnā€™t a font that is distributed with that name in service now as a ā€œGoogle Fontā€ however ā€œSourceSansProā€ is

1 Like

Sorry everyone, I think i triggered @josecgomez this morning :rofl:

actual photo of jose when fonts dont match:
Untitled

I love you Mark haha

1 Like

I saw this a few weeks ago in my side job as a software tester - they were using React-table and the search was filtering items per page, rather than condensing the results as normal ā€¦ really just miserable

If I had not searched that query before and known there were hundreds of results I could have been stuck without an answer that existed and caused a support ticket to get entered when the answer was available.

I did find anecdotally that if I change from All to Knowledge I got a much longer page 1 of results.

1 Like

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

Iā€™m surprised nobody mentioned Epicor highligting their new* user forums. Apparently its the ā€œSingle Largest Interactive Community Dedicated To Our Productsā€.

https://epiccare.epicor.com/community

Scratch that, itā€™s not a new user forum. Last response is from 2 months ago.

I had no idea this existed!

But seriously, itā€™s annoying that user forums on the web seem to be getting more fragmented. Anyone invent an aggregator where you enter a post, and it then posts for you on all the forums, and consolidates replies?

I think EpiUsers is the best user forum out there for Epicor and this is the only place to be, but we still have EUG, Reddit, Spiceworks, and now Epicor having their own forum islandsā€¦ Itā€™s a shame, since there is so much knowledge & sharing here that would help others that donā€™t seek us outā€¦

3 Likes

Yep.

• Internet = sans serif

• Books = serif

This is a law.

The TNR was bugging me also. Thank you @josecgomez

Even more off topic, everyone enjoying MS Wordā€™s new font and color scheme? Calibri is no longer the default and those colors areā€¦ bold, yeah thatā€™s it.

One thing I read about the new font (yes, yes I did) is that the capital i and lowercase L now look different.

Gives you a License to ill

2 Likes

lie GIF

1 Like

Dear Diary
Epic Care hurt my eyeballs twice today. I tried hard not to see the TNR and style bot helped. But while looking at shared screen from @Banderson it happened.

I was minding my own business helping troubleshoot and BAM! There it was!

Red Eyes Space GIF by Star Citizen

It has been zero days since an incident
:joy::joy:

Sign Reset GIF by Xbox

@timshuwy only you can prevent bloody eyeballs!

Nobody should have to see full fontal nudity like that. Thoughts and prayers.

1 Like

There are a few other things I hate - but I canā€™t find any link to provide feedback.

Anyone know how to properly make suggestions?

1 Like

tmp35e0-2etmp-tcm126-1849534

4 Likes

Whining about it here seems to help sometimes :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I mean, I feel like they warn you pretty wellā€¦ even the beginning tour is broken.

Epiccare Tour

1 Like

At the moment Iā€™m focused on the search results - I canā€™t right-click open in new tab. I have to open in the current tab, then when I realize itā€™s not what I want, I have to wait for the search again. :poop:

Sorry, but this is some rudimentary functionality that they just took away. Canā€™t wait to find out what else is going to cause me to waste time.