Nesting BAQ views Within Dashboard

I’m creating a dashboard that contains 4 BAQ’s 2 primary BAQ’s and two secondary BAQ’s that filter data based on a published row from the first primary BAQ. currently the window view is split horizontally with the primary BAQ’s switchable via tabs at the top. and the secondary BAQ’s on the bottom half of the window.

The secondary BAQ’s are always visible, Is it possible to nest the Secondary BAQ views underneath one of the Primary BAQs such that they are only visible on the One of the Primary BAQ tabs?

Pict of what you currently have?

I have the following which is really 1 Primary BAQ, but with 7 different grids, one each on a tab (All, TBD, Hold, In Production, etc…)

The structure is like:

Both tabs at the top are separate BAQ’s, and the two tabs at the bottom, line info and shipping info are also separate BAQ’s. i want to make the entire lower section only visible when looking at the primary Order View Tab.

Hmmm … I’m not even sure how you got the ‘Order View’ tab and ‘Line View’ tab in the same container. Can you post a pict of the Dashboard tree (from developer mod)?

So you want tthe bottom part (outlined in red in my pict below) to pnly show when the Order View tab is slected (purple outline). And only the grid on the Line View tab to show when it is slected. I assume youd like the Line View to expand to the bottom of the window too.

OrderManifestdashboardtree

You got it, that is exactly what I’m trying to do.

You can’t in a dashboard (at least without a ton of extra work, and the result is fragile at best)

2 Likes
  1. Move the Line View BAQ and grid to another dashboard.
  2. Customize a UD table form, hiding all the UD fields
  3. Use the Sheet Wizard to add a sheets with an embedded dashboard of the Order View dashboard
  4. Use the Sheet Wizard to add another sheet with an embedded dashboard of the newly created Line View dashboard
1 Like

what exactly is a UD table form? I’m struggling to find any resources on it.

The form you use to for entering data into a UD table.

1. Add a menu entry for a UD table form like:

2. In developer mode, launch that menu you created (Note: the menu won’t show unitl you exit and relaunch the client, or switch users to the same user).

Correction for steps 3 & 4: Use mainPanel as the parent sheet

1. Use the Sheet Wizard to add the Order View

2. Use the Sheet Wizard to add the Line View

Correction for step 5: Make the detailPanel and ListPanel not visible.

1. Set the original panel of the UD form to hidden

2. Use Menu Maint to set the Customization of the menu you added in step 1.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to take all the screenshots and help out, I appreciate it!

@ckrusen If the dashboard you’re adding to the sheet has a customization on the form, is there any way to include that? I have buttons added to a tracker in the form customization that can’t be added through the Tracker Customization because it needs to get a selected line item and uses oTrans, which doesn’t seem to be recognized in the Tracker Customization in the dashboard itself.

Are you trying to add the dashboard to a native form (like order entry)? Or just want a dashboard that you can hide various panes in?

If it is the later, see this more recent post for a better solution than adding it to the UD form.

1 Like

In this case it will be for a native form. I have a quote snapshot dashboard that would like to add to the Quote Entry form, but the customization controls aren’t carried over.

It looks like the Sheet Wizard only selects the runtime dashboard, not a deployed one.

I did a test of adding a sheet with a dashboard, to a form, then changed the original dashboard. Next time I opened the form with the added sheet, it re-built the dashboard’s elements and showed the changes to the base dashboard.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to test this out! Too bad we can’t add a deployed dashboard with its form customization. I was hoping to keep the click event for the button that marked a selected line item complete in the DB table. Something you can’t do in the Tracker Customization side of it. Thanks again! :+1:

I tried to see if customizing the form that you inserted the dashboard (via Sheet Wiz), would allow elements of the dashboard to be referenced (and controlled) by the parent form. Turns out that even while in Customization mode of the parent form, the embedded dashboard still runs like normal.

1 Like