MRP Not creating PO change suggestions

Can anyone ] help me understand what’s going on here? I thought MRP would generate a change suggestion for this po

1. Open Po [206597] for 5
  2. Received 2, one at site 1 issued to job V050-024(16/1000) and one transferred to site 2
  3. 3 more promised for 5/21
  4. Time phase result attached
  5. No change suggestions to expedite

The PO is already past due. What change suggestion would you expect? The PO satisfies the demand and it cannot be expedited to an earlier date.

3 Likes

I looked at the PO promised date and wondering if that has any impact. The buyer is saying that 5/21 is the date given by the vendor. So i was hoping that MRP would take that into account when creating a suggestion.

No po works from due date
If you change po due date it will probably tell you to expedite

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

No po works from due date

If you change po due date it will probably tell you to expedite

As other have said… MRP has nothing more to add here. The PO is late, but “If it arrives on time” then it will meet the (late) demands of the two jobs listed there…
IF MRP was to tell you to reschedule the job to 4/23, it would still be late and useless activity
IF MRP were to tell you to reschedule the JOBS to start today, then it might be more appropriate (My rule: There is no such thing as “Yesterday” in scheduling).

In reality, this all falls into my other rule… “you lie to the computer, it lies back”. You said the PO is coming in several weeks ago, you said that the job would use it after it arrives, it says everything is ok.

BUT… if the BUYER was looking at their LATE POs (Buyer Workbench as a tab for this), THEN they would have seen this, and could have contacted their supplier for a new schedule to populate to the PO… THEN they could have notified the two jobs that THEY needed rescheduled… THEY the Sales team may have needed to tell your customer that the product was going to be late (if necessary).

Do you have the lock schedule or lock qty checkboxes checked? If so, MRP will not provide any suggestions.

You can find them in the release tab of the PO Entry

Regards