Modifying Lot Attribute Entry screen from Receipt Entry

We have added some custom fields to the PartLot_UD table and want them to be entered during the PO Receipts process. We added them to the Lot screen, but can’t figure out how to modify the popup screen from receipt entry.

Is there a way to get that screen onto customization mode and have it call the customization from receipt entry?

Yeah, turn on developer mode and create a new lot on the receipt. This will prompt you to “Create new lot”?
Click Ok and then developer mode will show you the menu ID and caller info. From there, create a new Base customization and create your customization.
Keep in mind that the custom Lot Attribute Entry screen needs to be assigned to it’s own custom menu item in the menu tree, so you will need to create the custom menu, assign the program (Erp.UI.LotNumberEntry) and the customization to it, and also use Process Calling Maintenance to re-route any requests for that program to your custom menu item.

Aaron,

Thanks for the information. I’ve gotten started on it, but ran into an issue.

I went through receipt entry and added the customization:

Added a customization on Lot Attributes: Erp.UI.App.LotNumberEntry.LotAttributesForm

When I go into Menu Maintenance and add it I can only see the customizations I made to the lot menu on the screen and not the ones from the LotAttributeEntry from Receipt Entry.

It looks like one customizes Erp.UI.App.LotNumberEntry.LotNumberForm:

And the other customizes ERP.UI.App.LotNumberEntry.LotAttributesForm:

It looks like the customizations for the second form are not showing. Any ideas?

1 Like

What happens if you just type in the customization instead of picking it from a list?

So this appears to be a bug, given that I’ve been using this for years. A hacky way to fix might be to set the Argument field of the Menu table (using an updatable BAQ) to the correct argument (which specifies which customization should be applied to the program). Below, I have a screenshot of a couple of menu items I have that use different versions of the customization.
Because the same program is used, the only difference is the actual form that is called and subsequently customized.

in this case, my customization “PartLotAttributeCust” is built off of the lot attribute entry form, whereas the “Part Lot Number Entry” customization is built off of the Lot Number Entry form. Both forms reside in the Erp.UI.LotNumberEntry assembly, but are called conditionally when appropriate. I used to be able to select the correct customization from the list, but in 10.2.200.3 it seems to not work anymore.

Try setting the argument and see if that works.

1 Like

Aaron,

We are on 10.2.200.7 and still have that listing issue. I did the Updatable BAQ approach and it looks like it worked afterwards I looked in the Menu Maintenance and it looks like I can free from it as well. I will test it later as the updateable BAQ added the _Customization to the end so I may need to add that too. After adding it the Lot Entry screen broke so I had to add the calling process so that it would call the customization on that screen.

Thank you for the help,

Everett

Just wanted to say thanks to @Aaron_Moreng. You saved me hours (if not days) trying to work this out. I think the post should be marked as solution.

1 Like