Mobile Warehouse update break scan validation

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
Epicor updated The Mobile Warehouse Android application last night.

This introduced a serious error, which is causing Part Validation to no longer process correctly. Bin validation is working fine though. This issue essentially makes our scanners useless for shipping and raw materials in their current configuration.
this problem seems to be limited to scanners running Version 3.42.0 Dated 9-21-2021

I have an urgent case in with support to report the problem, but knowing that the app is handled by a third party company, I am not hopeful for a rapid, single day solution.

Unless support tells me otherwise, I am almost certain we will not be able to reinstall the previous version

Brian, if you need to revert back you can download the app from Biscit App Downloads

2 Likes

I think there are instructions on how to install the previous version in the Epicor Mobile Warehouse guide as well. Can find it on Epicweb

Thank you.

I was not aware this was possible, was just spit balling it as a potential fix.

It is possible.

I’ve had to do this several times. The support is good, but having to go through the US and them go to Australia makes for some long lag times in communications.

I have found this to be true as well. Fortunately, we have not had too many issues that needed same day response.

I mean to be honest, I’ve gotten more support from random strangers on this forum on this issue than Anything from support thus far. (They still have not responded other than saying they have assigned it to someone. )

So thanks everyone. :joy:

We have misplaced our Epicor Mobile Warehouse license, so we scheduled a call to retrieve it. Our CAM mentioned that Epicor Mobile Warehouse is going away, I responded with with “Yeah, its now Kinetic Mobile Warehouse”. He said that is also being replaced by something new web-based. Whatever that means.

I have a call scheduled for Friday with his Mobile Expert to review this new Product and new Licensing Structure. I’ll let you know what I find out, in the interim if you know something let me know, I am curious.

Unless he like many CAMs dont know Epicors Product Line and think Kinetic Mobile Warehouse is the legacy HandHeld UI lol

This better not be the case - or - we should finally all demand a public roadmap. Getting a bit tired of training and customizing a product that is retiring… Some people still think EMA, EWA are the future because CAMs only see dollar signs and heck will even sell you XL Connect despite it going away. :slight_smile: Imagine Microsoft selling you Windows XP and then saying “yeah we dont support that anymore”.

1 Like

This is good to know. I am starting the process of an upgrade to 10.2.700 and was considering Mobile warehouse as an alternative to Terminal server/Handheld connections.
I agree a public roadmap would be very helpful.

I got this from our CAM:

Correct, sorry for the confusion, these name changes do keep us all on our toes but are inteneded to make this simpler. The CAM is wrong this is not going away please DM me their name and I will feedback to our teams to handle messaging better and ensure they are advised. Thanks.

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Phew! I thought for a moment we would have to start over again :slight_smile: the product is great.

1 Like

Good to know you like the product! I need to roll it out here!

Can it be used to Clock to Jobs too and replace MES / Terminal server ?

@Edge, our PM confirmed the same. Thanks for clearing that up for the group.

1 Like

For anyone else who might have this issue, Support has offered me a temporary workaround, and says this will be patched in the next version of EKW. We downgraded our apps for now, but for anyone else support offers the following fix:

The user (with Security Manager privileges) can rectify this “manually” by:

1. First logging out on the device and logging back in
  2. Navigating to Settings > Scan Sequencing
  3. Selecting a page for scan sequence configuration (currently only one available)
  4. Selecting and deselecting a check box against any field (this will enable SAVE button)
  5. Pressing SAVE button
    The Part Scan Validation functionality will now be restored.

NOTE: Users of other devices running version 3.42.0 need to log out and back again to load newly configured settings.

2 Likes

I’m curious what you find out. We just bought another few licenses, and still haven’t been able to get it to do basic things like Picking (working with support now). It’s pretty annoying to have the license hard-coded to the specific device. If it is moving to web instead of app, hopefully we get an even exchange. Also hope that the web version would be customizable, since the app is not…

@Edge clarified it, its not going away. Our CAM was confused when we used the term “Handheld” which I still consider the tiny Android Devices to be :slight_smile: He also wasnt aware its now Kinetic among other things.

The other gentlemen on the call clarified it for him as well.

Now we just need to work with them because we purchased the module before Epicor acquired it and somehow our licenses are in limbo.

Hm…