Missing nav tree context menus

We are in the process of upgrading E9 customizations to E10.

We’re seeing a new behavior where Add Operation and Add Material context menu choices are missing from the navigation tree. It seems to be the result of a field being set in an EpiNotification of the dataView that owns the notification. This has shown up for us in a couple of places.

I can see where it could be recursive, but E9 didn’t complain. Should I be creating a class-level flag, setting it at the top of the notify, checking before doing work and clearing it at the bottom of the notification? Is there a cleaner way?

To reproduce the problem, I can create a new, blank workbench customization, use the wizard to add an Notification for ECOGroup and add this code. The catch is never triggered.

Thanks for any advice

private void edvECOGroup_EpiViewNotification(EpiDataView view, EpiNotifyArgs args)
{
	if (edvECOGroup.Row > -1)
	{
		if ((args.NotifyType == EpiTransaction.NotifyType.Initialize))
		{
			try
			{
				edvECOGroup.dataView[edvECOGroup.Row]["Character01"] = "Are the nav tree's missing Add Operation and Add Material context menus because of recursion that E9 tolerated?";
			}
			catch(Exception ex)
			{
				MessageBox.Show(ex.Message);
			}
		}
	}
}

If I add a global flag and check it in the customization to bypass processing, it works and the add material and operation context menus show up as expected.

The problem now is that I can’t figure out when to turn the flag back off. If I run the following code as is the menu choices show. If I uncomment the flag reset, the menus disappear again.

Any ideas on how to reset the flag, or other ideas on how to set a dataview’s field in itself without causing problems?

Thanks!

private void edvECOGroup_EpiViewNotification(EpiDataView view, EpiNotifyArgs args)
{
	if (view.Row > -1)
	{
		if (blECOGroupBusy == false)
		{
			blECOGroupBusy = true;
			if ((args.NotifyType == EpiTransaction.NotifyType.Initialize))
			{
				view.dataView[edvECOGroup.Row]["Character01"] = "Are the nav tree's missing Add Operation and Add Material context menus because of recursion?";				

}
			//blECOGroupBusy = false;
		}		
	}
}

In case anyone sees this problem, our solution was to upgrade to 10.2.300.10.

It wasn’t for a lack of trying to make it work with 10.2.100.27