Method Directive To Update PartTran UD Field

Hi all, I have a relatively method directive that I’m looking at using in conjunction with BarTender to create inventory labels for the production floor.

I previously tested the BPM to update the TranReference field which worked for a “unique” Serial number for the labels, but that was replaced for the Auto Receipt to Inventory when those happen.

I added a UD field to PartTran and am trying to assign the value to that field, but it doesn’t look like that’s happening, I’ve already run the regenerate data model. Am I missing something?

BPM and Data in SSMS:

Edit: Tried both Pre Processing and Post Processing

Are you sure your condition is being met?

Yes, the condition is met. I took it out, and still have the same result.

Edit: Looks like the BPM works using Job Receipt to Inventory, but not the Report Qty for MES, the MES is setup as a MFG-STK transaction

Post processing won’t work since the record has already been saved. You re going to have to lookup the part tran record and then update it.
Set Field i supdating the TTRecord (temporary record) which has already been commited to the DB
This needs to be done in preprocessing otherwise

I recall some experts recommending against UD fields in transaction tables. (might have been against log files for transaction tables)…

Maybe you should use a UD table to store the relative info. Could use the PartTran.TranNum as one of the keys, to link the PartTran record to your UD table.

Thanks for the responses guys!

would it be wiser to just use a UD table as @ckrusen mentioned, or lookup as you mentioned @josecgomez?

As of now, I have/had the method directive to add the Serial Num, and then a Data Directive to run a BarTender report. I suppose if I add a UD table, I could just edit the BarTender report and link the UD table?

1 Like

Report Qty in MES doesnt actually make a transaction until you End Activity.

Transactions are made if the Operation is set up to auto receipt into inventory unless I’m mistaking. At least in PartTran, that seems the case.