MES Customizations

Thanks, those were helpful.

The problem I'm running into now is that I've had to convert that VB code into C#. The syntax is correct, but when I click the button I'm getting an error. I'm working with Epicor support too see if the fix we received is not working correctly.

But basically we received a patch that is supposed to make the serial matching form available to be launched in MES. I applied the fix as instructed.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "justint94536" <justint@...> wrote:
>
> Easiest way is to log into EpicWeb and do a search for MES Customization.
>
> You're looking for answer book #'s 6539MPS and 4306ESC. It gives step by step information to do exactly what you want.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "swenson.justin" <swenson.justin@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking to add a custom Serialization matching screen available in full blown Epicor to MES. I received a patch from Epicor that should allow Serialization matching to be added to MES, but I don't know 2 things. But I'm receiving an error when launching it.

Error is below:

Application Error

The process caller failed to invoke method LaunchForm in Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.Launch in Eicor.Mfg.UI.SerialMatchingEntry.dll

Thanks,

Justin

> >
> > (1) How to create a new MESControl, so I can bind the screen to an MES button.
> >
> > (2) How do I allow this new custom MES screen to become the default that's opened? I'm not completely understanding the process as described by Epicor's application help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Justin
> >
>
I'm looking to add a custom Serialization matching screen available in full blown Epicor to MES. I received a patch from Epicor that should allow Serialization matching to be added to MES, but I don't know 2 things.

(1) How to create a new MESControl, so I can bind the screen to an MES button.

(2) How do I allow this new custom MES screen to become the default that's opened? I'm not completely understanding the process as described by Epicor's application help.

Thanks,

Justin
Easiest way is to log into EpicWeb and do a search for MES Customization.

You're looking for answer book #'s 6539MPS and 4306ESC. It gives step by step information to do exactly what you want.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "swenson.justin" <swenson.justin@...> wrote:
>
> I'm looking to add a custom Serialization matching screen available in full blown Epicor to MES. I received a patch from Epicor that should allow Serialization matching to be added to MES, but I don't know 2 things.
>
> (1) How to create a new MESControl, so I can bind the screen to an MES button.
>
> (2) How do I allow this new custom MES screen to become the default that's opened? I'm not completely understanding the process as described by Epicor's application help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Justin
>