Menu Security Maintenance

Anyone else struggling with the new Menu Security Maintenance screen? I don’t find it intuitive or easy to use. I have been looking for a video or something to help on this. I can’t seem to find anything.

Really my struggle is figuring out how to find what I need to modify. We are building a new system but it doesn’t seem intuitive. With that screen shot just trying to figure out what something goes too it very cumbersome. Since I am setting up new security I need an easier flow down like it used to be.

If anyone has any info that may help me that be great.

thanks Kim

I recommend using the Classic UI. Sorry, not sorry. :slight_smile:

I hadn’t seen this part before. The disconnect from the Menu Maintenance isn’t helpful. Having every group and user in the list also is confusing.

1 Like

I would prefer that too… I guess talk to my boss about turning off the kinetic screen for this.

agreed. I don’t like this change at all.

We all pine for the glory days of old… alas, kinetic has forbidden it. You are now stuck with the future. Isn’t it grand? :stuck_out_tongue:

Careful what you wish for or you might end up with a company running Vantage. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For what it’s worth it’s slightly better in 2022.
I have noticed they broke out the security into a different screen called Menu Security Maintenance, though with no native open with. Could probably be tailored to show it in a panel or add the context for open with to work.
Still not friendly.

1 Like

That was the one I was looking at. I would prefer just the users that are explicitly defined to show up. It would be FANTASTIC if you had a toggle switch to see which ones were implicitly defined based on menu hierarchy setup.

There’s a Security DMT template. Never really felt the need for it in Classic, but it seems to be the only practical solution with Kinetic.

1 Like

@Kimberley could you please connect with me? I would like to talk with you regarding this concern. Thanks.

@Kimberley
Consider setting up security groups that are tiered
Production Manager, ProductionSME, Production User
Manager - has all setup processes
SME - has some (part)
User - only has Operations and Reports

This is an intuitive approach.
Bear in mind that the default security for Part shows up in many different process IDs.

Use the Classic Form - Kinetic is a step back, you need to have the security information along with the menu.