Menu Security Group Issues

We are converting over to 2022.2.14 from an old E9.04 and this is the first time I’ve tried creating security groups and setting those for menu access. When I assign a group to a menu’s top level, for example _Sales group to Order Management-General Operations, it does not seem to apply to all the menu item underneath that. So I create a user that has access to the _Sales group and when they log in all they can see is the Order Management-General Operations folder with nothing inside it.
It seems I have to add the group to each individual menu item inside the folder. That seems unreal. Am I missing something very plain in my setup?

You can create menu security’s, then apply them to specific menus.

One thing to not get tripped up by is that when you select a menu in Menu Maintenance, the security tab shows the settings for a particu menu security. THIS MENU SECURITY MIGHT BE USED ON MORE THAN ONE MENU!

1 Like

@rturrentine Switch over to the security tab and it shows all of the menus and items That security code applies to. Sales is SEC464, Order Mgt is SEC044 and GO is SEC049 then order Entry is SEC078. all of them need access for the group set, unless you just set the menus folders and leave all of the items all access.

There is a report that gives you info on what access users and groups have.

2 Likes

Thanks. It seems more complicated than it is. We’re a small company and a lot of people do multiple jobs so I’m really going to set up 3 groups. Those who have access to everything but systems, security and finance, everything + finance but not security and everything.

1 Like

Hello,
Could you point me to this report you mentioned?

Thank you
Marsha

@mfoxx It is in the System Setup > Security Maintenance Menu called the
Menu Security Audit Report

Ugh, sometimes I can’t see the forest for the trees!

Thank you!!!

1 Like